New 2017 CX-5 Revealed

Thing is the cx-5 is a larger car, its between an X1 and X3 in size, same as its between a Gla and Glc.
So i don't really see how the cx5 can be compared to these cars.

Its also bigger than a Tiguan, but smaller than a Kodiac, its true competitors are the Kuga, Crv, Tucson etc.
I have a narrow garage at only 2.1M wide, so i pay attention to width and length, i also have a particular requirement with boot space for my fishing tackle.

A local journalist review in San Diego-

"And the CX-5 stacked up surprisingly well against the Q3, GLA, X1 and NX. It beat the pants off of the GLA in terms of immediate acceleration, ride comfort and interior quietness. It was fairly comparable to the NX in those same categories. The Q3 handled better but had a cheap interior finish that left a bitter taste in my mouth. And, while the X1 beat the CX-5 soundly in terms of handling and acceleration, the CX-5 was by far the more comfortable ride."

Has BMW's turbo engines been improved? I know when they starting having turbo 335i's people said the weak link was the engine cooling system...actually a weak link for all BMWs. I remember switching out my plastic water pump for a metal one. The other thing I hate which cheapens th X1 look are the halogen headlights. Do they even have halogen BMWs in Germany?

You'd be surprised at how many late model BMWS/Mercs have Halogens still....

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

2017 Rear seats recline?

Were the rear seats supposed to recline? Looking at that video, I don't see how they can.
I don't see an answer to your question & I'm here also looking for same. I have the 2017 & the rear seats don't seem to recline. I guess I'll get the owner's manual out again. Car is a week old so still learning! First Mazda!

I don't see an answer to your question & I'm here also looking for same. I have the 2017 & the rear seats don't seem to recline. I guess I'll get the owner's manual out again. Car is a week old so still learning! First Mazda!

It does, just need to find the switch/selector

The same latch you use to lower the rear seats to make the cargo room bigger will also allow you to push the seat backs "backwards" about an inch or two. Just pull up on the latch and push back on the seat back. Pull up on the latch again and pull it forward and it will lock in the original upright position.

Rear seat does recline, slightly. There's only 2 settings: up and back slightly. It's in the owner's manual. It's the same latch at the top of the seat that you you can use to fold it forward.

The same latch you use to lower the rear seats to make the cargo room bigger will also allow you to push the seat backs "backwards" about an inch or two. Just pull up on the latch and push back on the seat back. Pull up on the latch again and pull it forward and it will lock in the original upright position.

That's the one!

Found it right on the same spot where you pull down the seats but really surprised as the seats barely recline. Maybe 2"? Better than nothing...lol

Indeed. I don't think they were aiming for full reclining

It's further than none and 2" more than a lot of other cars. I like how the rear parcel shelf has spring loaded clam shells to accommodate the reclined position.

It's further than none and 2" more than a lot of other cars. I like how the rear parcel shelf has spring loaded clam shells to accommodate the reclined position.

What would have been also good is if the seat itself could move forward and backwards.

^^(bs) I'll give you up to and including .5xx", measured from top of seatback- I'll take the over and your $

Last edited:
It's a half inch at best.

Did you measure? It reclines from 24 to 28 degrees. Previous models were fixed at 22 degrees, so is reclined 2 degrees further back from the start.

Anyway, here is a pic. About 1 3/4" to 2" or so at the top.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2257.JPG
    IMG_2257.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 333
Back