New 2017 CX-5 Revealed

I’m amazed how popular they are in the States. I can spot the twinkling headlights a mile away too.

Those DRLs are like lasers, WAY too bright IMHO. The only other ones that seem to be as bright are the Prius'. Wish there was a way to dial them down a skosh.

If you turn them all the way on then all the way off you can run on the predator lights (I think I did the other day). In the UK, its easy, just turn them to sidelights and they’ll stay like that.

I got mine April 2017, one of the first from the dealership. Didn't see any others in my area for a long while. Fast forward to today and they're everywhere! Not as common as a CR-V or RAV4 but way more common than before. Made me a little sad I wasn't special but glad other people realized what a great car it is.

(iagree)

Yes, and a fast forward and rewind button. This is the old built in unit. I always ignored them. Will take a picture later today.

It looks like this:

IMG_4975.JPG

If you turn them all the way on then all the way off you can run on the predator lights (I think I did the other day). In the UK, its easy, just turn them to sidelights and they’ll stay like that.

Need a how-to on that please! The option to turn off the DRLs is ridiculously complex. Don't want to run parking lights, because then auto headlights doesn't work, plus the accent lights are really too dim to be proper DRLs. I'd just like the headlight itself, serving as the DRL, to be less blinding to oncoming drivers. It's good to be visible, but not to the point of distracting or annoying oncoming drivers. The accent lights are so distinctive and handsome, but the dazzling headlight overpowers them.

The DRL disable is "ridiculously complex" BUT it can be done. Took me a few tries to do it quick enough but got it done and no DRL now !

Need a how-to on that please! The option to turn off the DRLs is ridiculously complex. Don't want to run parking lights, because then auto headlights doesn't work, plus the accent lights are really too dim to be proper DRLs. I'd just like the headlight itself, serving as the DRL, to be less blinding to oncoming drivers. It's good to be visible, but not to the point of distracting or annoying oncoming drivers. The accent lights are so distinctive and handsome, but the dazzling headlight overpowers them.

I can’t I’m afraid. I thought I’d done it the other day but last night it kept defaulting to normal DRL. strange, in the UK it’s doable but not here. Conversely, you can turn off your lane departure but ours always defaults to on.

I used to get involved with homologation and approvals and it’s not always as it appears on documentation. Sometimes best and worst cases are recorded with no real intention of applying them or at least, at that stage.

I just the pics of the new Chevy Blazer. Looks like GovMo copied the CX5 style except for the front which looks Toyota-Lexus like.

Not impressed.

I'm impressed. Looks bad ass to me. 2nd row seats can slide almost 6 inches to make either more legroom or more cargo space. Pretty brilliant.
17b85be7eacbccdafc876b1360e5a6ea.jpg

Here you go, Anchorman, a minimal payback for all the great docs you share.(headbang)

There's a long thread on it here somewhere....

Crikey, that is a polava! Thanks, I’ve saved that. Are there any more user options like this? For instance, I’d like my lane departure to either default to off or stay where switched instead of default to on.

Crikey, that is a polava! Thanks, I’ve saved that. Are there any more user options like this? For instance, I’d like my lane departure to either default to off or stay where switched instead of default to on.

AFAIK no but have a look at settings via MZD Connect

Back