does current cx-5 up to 2016.5 have auto/motorized trunk/liftgate?

:
mazda rx7
This is a must have feature for me and wondering if the current cx5 has this or is it an option? I know the newly announced upcoming 2017 CRV has it. If the current line CX5 doesnt, I will hope the reveal today will show the 2017 will so I don't have to get a honduh.

Are you referring to motorized closing like Toyotas have in their minivans?

What exactly are you going to be hauling? I find the CX-5 tailgate easy to open. The effort is in closing the thing. Strong struts I guess.

just got twins and always carrying bags and just a bunch of stuff. so are you confirming the answer is no it doesnt?

i know the answers might be biased here but the automatic motorized rear opening on the ford escape AND NOW the upcoming 2017 crv is cool. where you just kick your leg and it opens.

i sure hope the new cx5 has something like that along with official android auto and apple car play and not having to do the unofficial way in the youtube vids

Nope. For your needs you'll prefer the Honda, just get that. CX-5 is kind of spartan for a family-mobile. Have you looked at minivans? All these compact SUV's are kind of a pain getting things in and out of the back seat, like child seats...

Agreed on the minivan route, much more practical and enjoyable for families with small children. Compact and even three-row SUVs are a pain for that

No but the new CX9's do have that as an option. I believe that is the only Mazda model that offers power lift gate.

Why are so many people so quick to go to a minivan when they only have 2 or even just 1 kid? I never understood that. I can see if you have 3 or more kids, sure. But for 1 or 2 kids it seems like a waste.

When my brother and I were growing up, mom had a small station wagon at one point (POS Chevy Celebrity, YUCK), then a Camry sedan (my first car), and my dad had a 78 Caprice, then a 2-door S-10 Blazer, and then a 4-door Explorer. We never felt like we needed a minivan. Of course minivans were just coming onto the scene in the mid-80's, but still.

Yeah with twins I'd look into a CRV with regards to space and headroom. Not sure what to make of the cvt though. How about a Forester or a Honda Pilot?

This is a must have feature for me and wondering if the current cx5 has this or is it an option? I know the newly announced upcoming 2017 CRV has it. If the current line CX5 doesnt, I will hope the reveal today will show the 2017 will so I don't have to get a honduh.

I beg to differ, this is not a must have feature but good marketing doing its work.
On the other hand if CRV had an automatic carbon fibre back scratcher - that is the deal.

Why are so many people so quick to go to a minivan when they only have 2 or even just 1 kid? I never understood that. I can see if you have 3 or more kids, sure. But for 1 or 2 kids it seems like a waste.

When my brother and I were growing up, mom had a small station wagon at one point (POS Chevy Celebrity, YUCK), then a Camry sedan (my first car), and my dad had a 78 Caprice, then a 2-door S-10 Blazer, and then a 4-door Explorer. We never felt like we needed a minivan. Of course minivans were just coming onto the scene in the mid-80's, but still.

I looked at it this way: His dealbreaker is an auto-liftgate. There are many reasons to choose the Mazda, but if that is a prime factor then the strengths/weaknesses of the Mazda package will not be ideal. CRV has more organizational features, but even more practical is a minivan which is a better family-mobile than either of those. Compact SUV's have tight rear door openings which make loading kids in and out a hassle that no auto-liftgate will make up for.

Not to say you can't haul a family in a CX5, you sure can. The best vehicle for the owner depends on their priorities.

I looked at it this way: His dealbreaker is an auto-liftgate. There are many reasons to choose the Mazda, but if that is a prime factor then the strengths/weaknesses of the Mazda package will not be ideal. CRV has more organizational features, but even more practical is a minivan which is a better family-mobile than either of those. Compact SUV's have tight rear door openings which make loading kids in and out a hassle that no auto-liftgate will make up for.

Not to say you can't haul a family in a CX5, you sure can. The best vehicle for the owner depends on their priorities.

His dealbreaker is the fact that if he or his wife are over 5 ft. 8 inches then they can't put rear facing car seats without cramping themselves for 2 years in a CX-5. Front Rear Combined leg room is going to be a problem.

I don't understand the point of a powered lift gate. I have one on my Durango and it is much easier and faster to use the CX-5 manual lift gate than the Durango powered lift gate. If you have an arm load of stuff you either have to reach for the handle or reach in your pocket for the remote, neither is convenient. The only powered lift gate that might be useful is the Ford version where you swing your foot under the rear of the car.

I don't understand the point of a powered lift gate. I have one on my Durango and it is much easier and faster to use the CX-5 manual lift gate than the Durango powered lift gate. If you have an arm load of stuff you either have to reach for the handle or reach in your pocket for the remote, neither is convenient. The only powered lift gate that might be useful is the Ford version where you swing your foot under the rear of the car.

the new crv also can open hands free with swinging your foot under.

well it looks like i confirmed that you cx5 owners are pretty butt hurt about not having a power lift gate by the way most of you reply. ill happily enjoy mine now on hopefully the new version of the cx5 or the new crv. enjoy having to close it by hand, so annoying. dont pretend not having it doesnt matter. the NEW cx9 has inferior power seat adjustability and you could tell it is eating away slowly at the owners. where the current cx5 even has more power seat adjustment. so yea i know its slowly getting to yall that you don't have power liftgate.

I agree, a useless feature and only adds unneeded weight. My wife's Honda Odyssey has one and she and I would much rather open ourselves than wait on the powered lift and listen to the annoying safety chimes as it opens. Very frustrating, especially in the rain getting soaked waiting for that slow door.

well it looks like i confirmed that you cx5 owners are pretty butt hurt about not having a power lift gate by the way most of you reply. ill happily enjoy mine now on hopefully the new version of the cx5 or the new crv. enjoy having to close it by hand, so annoying. dont pretend not having it doesnt matter. the NEW cx9 has inferior power seat adjustability and you could tell it is eating away slowly at the owners. where the current cx5 even has more power seat adjustment. so yea i know its slowly getting to yall that you don't have power liftgate.
We are not butthurt. More like your OP was stupid to begin with. No able bodied person should ever consider that as a must have.

I agree, a useless feature and only adds unneeded weight. My wife's Honda Odyssey has one and she and I would much rather open ourselves than wait on the powered lift and listen to the annoying safety chimes as it opens. Very frustrating, especially in the rain getting soaked waiting for that slow door.

OP has twins and carries lots of bags so I can see where a powered liftgate may sound like a need. RG brings up a good point regarding the speed and safety chime of the lift gate opening on said Honda Odyssey. For me that would irritate me.

I can see how a powered tailgate close feature help smaller people, women, and the elderly though.

A dual stroller and more gear for the twins would make me want to get something bigger than the CX-5.

His dealbreaker is the fact that if he or his wife are over 5 ft. 8 inches then they can't put rear facing car seats without cramping themselves for 2 years in a CX-5. Front Rear Combined leg room is going to be a problem.

Before our CX-5 my wife had a 1996 Toyota Corolla, which is what we brought our son home from the hospital almost 7 years ago. We had rear-facing seats in that car and my 94 Integra (2-door coupe) for several years. We made do, and it worked out. Our CX-5 Touring is flat out LUXURIOUS compared to those cars.

Back