Fog light switch option

kashun842

:
2014 Mazda5 Sport 6MT, 1997 Miata
I would like to wire up some aftermarket fog lights but don't wanna use the OEM option combination light switch which sit behind the steering wheel. Instead, I prefer something look exactally same as the TCS button So I can put the fog light switch next to it. It will look like this.
DSCF0047.jpg

Does anyone know which other mazda model come with this switch? Thanks a lot.

For some reason, I couldn't find the link at the beginning.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/electrical/207638-amber-fog-light-switch-pn.html
d342-66-4b0 is the P/N and cost almost $50...

Last edited:
What year do you have? I have a 2013 and there are just blanks in all three locations. The dimmer is on a switch by the gauges.

Do you need help with wiring diagram, or were you strictly looking for a switch? I haven't seen the switches in the pic you posted. I like the look of them, but they wouldn't match the color of my dash lights. I wish the 2012's still used red :(

Thanks guys, mine is a 2014 Sport. I am sticking with the combination light switch option since the standalone switch are quite rare to find nowadays and I can just swap the light switch and don't have to deal with wiring from the switch all the way to the bumper since the car already have all wire and harness ready. I found one off a 10 Mazdaspeed 3 on ebay about $20 shipped.

Moot point since you already changed your mind, but I am betting that the dash button is for the mandatory European rear fog lamp. If you made a habit of visiting junkyards whenever you vacation in Europe....

I can get you one from Ebay Germany if interested.
The switches also look somewhat generic. I cannot tell if they are exactly the same but older Mazdas seem to have pretty much the same format.
(Popped one into my old BJ Protege that looked just like it.)

Yea, the switch I was looking for is from a Protege. I just finished install the Fogs with the stick combination switch behind the steering wheel. Without running new wires saved me a lot of time.
Mazda5%20Fog.jpg

What fog lights did you use? My 2012 Sport has pretty much zero in the way of bells and whistles, and fogs would something I would like to add...

Frame suit on, those are some no brand cheap ones being sold in asia. Come with a ring of LED's at you choice of color and hid's option for the fogs. Light pattern looks ok, still cutoff sharp but one side is pointing a little bit too high to my taste.

Are you afraid of being flamed b/c you bought Chinese LEDs or because Chinese stuff is garbage? I am so confused!! (gah)

Haha, usually ppl have negative input on no brand fog's, hid's about their light pattern being sh!t.

Back