Auto Folding Exterior Side Mirrors

Yes, we have it. You can install it that it unfold the mirror while opening the car or like I have it unfold when starting the car.
When you close your car they fold.

Best regards 101

Just wanted to find out if anyone have installed such a device to let the mirrors unfold automatically on startup of the engine and fold on shutdown of the engine?
Looks promising....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-Auto-Side-Mirrors-Folder-Folding-Spread-Kit-For-Mazda-CX-5-With-Electric-Folding-Mirror/32698267069.html
That AliExpress product is only one cheap part of power folding outside mirrors. You definitely don't want the switch it shows. I've seen someone did it on its Mazda3 with all the necessary parts from Japan. He still has some minor issues after spent lots of money and travel time to Japan, and the housing of the outside mirrors has different angle in Japan than in US. Some programmings are needed to connect factory power lock module for full automatic folding features which may not be doable.

Yeah, power folding outside mirrors, like the memory seat, are the best fitted at the factory, but is too expensive trying to add them afterwards!

That AliExpress product is only one cheap part of power folding outside mirrors. You definitely don't want the switch it shows. I've seen someone did it on its Mazda3 with all the necessary parts from Japan. He still has some minor issues after spent lots of money and travel time to Japan, and the housing of the outside mirrors has different angle in Japan than in US. Some programmings are needed to connect factory power lock module for full automatic folding features which may not be doable.

Yeah, power folding outside mirrors, like the memory seat, are the best fitted at the factory, but is too expensive trying to add them afterwards!

Hello yrwei52, Thank you for highlighting associated concerns. I already have the the folding mirrors as standard equipment. I merely wanted to to probe if other owners used the device as an aftermarket addition.

You can find on Ali also the parking Modul for the right mirror wich let it automatically change the angle if you switch to the back drive gear so that you see the edge of the sidewalk while parking. Good for the tires, if you don't trust the parking skills of your better half ;-)

Regards 101

You can find on Ali also the parking Modul for the right mirror wich let it automatically change the angle if you switch to the back drive gear so that you see the edge of the sidewalk while parking. Good for the tires, if you don't trust the parking skills of your better half ;-)

Regards 101

Sounds very nice. Can you perhaps post a link please?

Update:
I have ordered this module: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-Auto-Side-Mirrors-Folder-Folding-Spread-Kit-For-Mazda-CX-5-With-Electric-Folding-Mirror/32698267069.html

Instructions related to a 2016.5 CX-5, Right Hand Drive vehicle.
The module arrived and with the included instructions as well as instructions from ImVKool, it was Plug & Play with only 3 wires to splice into: a) Constant +12v supply feed, b) Door open signal wire, activated from remote and c) Door close signal wire, activated from remote.

a) +12v picked up from Red/Yellow wire on the main plug to power window module in the door(below the power mirror/fold switch connector).
b) Door open signal picked up from harness connected across door striker, on the Blue/Orange wire.
c) Door close signal picked up from the same harness as b), on the Pink wire.

Unit and harness tucked away pretty easy and fitment took about 30 minutes including removal of door panel, locating wires and re-install door panel.

Results is pretty good and the mirrors fold when car locks from remote or auto locking the doors when walking away(setup on infotainment system). Opening when car is unlocked from either remote or door(advanced keyless entry system factory fitted). Adding real value to the KODO design, by owner......

Tanks to everyone with advice, criticism, suggestions and motivation(ImVKool).

Hi
I bought the same module and i have a problem with connection.
I connect the red cable to constans 12V and the rest cable to short 12V open/close the central locking door
Maybe have you some photos ?

Hi
I bought the same module and i have a problem with connection.
I connect the red cable to constans 12V and the rest cable to short 12V open/close the central locking door
Maybe have you some photos ?

0914-210.JPG0912-501a.JPG

Kiln's mazda is right hand drive so on the left hand cars wiring colors are bit different.

Please see attached images.

at connector 0912-501A power window switch, look for the RED/YELLOW wire that's the constant power, tap the +12v wire of the kit, as far as I remember it's the red wire.

at connector 0914-210 door lock actuator, look for the PINK wire, connect the DOOR CLOSE signal wire of the kit(pink wire also).
now look for the LIGHT GREEN wire, connect the DOOR OPEN signal wire of the kit (orange wire)

that's all to it. pretty easy if you need help just take a photo of your current situation I might be of help.

Hi everyone! I own a 2016 Cx-5 right hand drive and need your advice to install the auto folding mirror kit. Unfortunately, the link posted by Kirn is not working anymore but the idea of installing a device that requires only 3 wires to be spliced is very appealing. Before finding this thread I bought the following device which is universal. Could any of you recommend something compatible with my car, ideally plug and play or with as less wiring slicing as possible?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220116-193501_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20220116-193501_AliExpress.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 100
In the US, we don't have power folding mirrors.
We don't? Don't tell that to my mirrors that fold when I lock the car and open when I unlock it. - or to my manual power fold option. - unless I mis read the post.

PXL_20220116_203807184_2.jpg

Back