Navigation not displaying 3D

teriley1

:
Mazda 2016 CX 9 Signature
Have a new CX 9 Signature edition. Navigation works fine, except for not displaying correctly in 3D mode. Basically, it looks like the 2D north up mode. Dealer indicates feature not available in our region. We constantly drive in Washington DC and Baltimore MD. Have opened a ticket with Mazda support, but thought I would check if anyone has had the same experience. At this point the dealer service department indicates the only thing they could do would be a factory reset. Can't imagine it's not available in this area, but haven't found any mention anywhere that anyone has had the same problem.

Have a new CX 9 Signature edition. Navigation works fine, except for not displaying correctly in 3D mode. Basically, it looks like the 2D north up mode. Dealer indicates feature not available in our region. We constantly drive in Washington DC and Baltimore MD. Have opened a ticket with Mazda support, but thought I would check if anyone has had the same experience. At this point the dealer service department indicates the only thing they could do would be a factory reset. Can't imagine it's not available in this area, but haven't found any mention anywhere that anyone has had the same problem.

I should have asked if everybody can see buildings etc, in the 3D view

I have a CX5 but the nav system should be the same, I think yours is working fine, I only see buildings in very congested busy areas like Manhattan, other times I don't see buildings. Trust me you're not missing much, it's generic looking buildings that sometimes don't even match the actual buildings. As long as you have birds eye view then you are in 3D mode. The buildings only come in if they are installed for the location that you're at which isn't much, 95% of the time I don't see buildings either. Having said that, you mentioned you drive around DC , I would think they should have at least the Washington monument show up on the screen.

Last edited:
Thanks, you are correct it's more gimmick than anything else, but driving in DC I should still see something. I'm pursuing this more because the dealer basically blew it off. Figure if they use the 3D display in their videos it should be there.

I have a new CX-9 GT and I was confused by this last night when I attempted to switch to 3D and it just changed to a different 2D mode. What I figured out is that there are actually *3* modes that you toggle between: 2D, 2D North-Up, and 3D. So try pushing the 2D/3D toggle several times and it should go into 3D mode.

Thanks for the comment

I've seen the 3 selections. I've seen the building outlines, etc. when it's set to 2D, but not in 3D where it's supposed to. I opened a ticket with support and will be taking it back to the dealer for them to fix it.

The label on the screen is NOT the mode you are in, but rather what the NEXT mode will be when you push that 2D/3D button.

The label on the screen is NOT the mode you are in, but rather what the NEXT mode will be when you push that 2D/3D button.

yep Mazdadude is right, if you want 3D mode,
you toggle for the 3D to show up on the screen,
then press once and you're in 3D mode,
but the screen will show 2D ,
it's retarded.

Back