Need help with 03 mazdaspeed protege transmission

nokturnal

:
spicy orange mazdaspeed protege
Heres my situation my clutch went out so I went and got a A stage 2 and a fidanza flywheel new everything installed everything bleeded the clutch cylinder but now my car won't move at all on any gear reverse bearly grabbing but 1-5 I can just hear the gears spinning and it feels like the car is on the e-brake has this happen to anyone ? Or am I just out of luck and need a new transmission any help is appreciated

The differential broke more than likely, very common on these cars. You will have to pull the trans and open it up.

So I lifted the car pop it gears the wheels spin fine on the floor the axles click and don't move so I took it part and notice there is a bar in between where the axles go so so I guess my lsd Is gone then

Any one know what other transmissions will bolt up to the car and moto?r since finding one where I'm at is hard most of the cars in the junkyard are automatic

Any one know what other transmissions will bolt up to the car and moto?r since finding one where I'm at is hard most of the cars in the junkyard are automatic

i believe it's any Gm15R transmission.

i have 2 manual transmissions in Maryland. Could use greyhound to ship.

Only the Mazdaspeed has the limited slip differential. If the diff is broken, you don't need an entire trans you only need to swap in a new differential.

^^ only do that if you're confident on disassembling/reassembling the tranny.

If you do, DO NOT use an actual hammer to get roll pins out, you WILL bend something. Learned that the hard way.

This would be a perfect opportunity to get an M-factory LSD or weld a new MSP lsd and drop it in.

Transmission broke on the inside the Lsd split in half and cracked the casing on the inside but they didn't tell me if the gears were OK I have a friend that said I can have his tranny only thing wrong with it is 5gear is gone so I'm thinking if my gears are fine I'll use my gears with his transmission save up order a new lsd while I buy boostedprotegelx tranny

5th gear shouldn't be a problem at all, its the easiest gear to get to seeing you don't even have to crack the whole case open. Just put in a 5th from a 626 for a lower cruising RPM.

Now if you want to go crazy you can always get straight cut gears from PAR, but that depends on how big the wallet is.

So I got my transmission back from the shop all part cuz I wasnt going to pay them 150 to put I back together. I took a look at it and started looking for the cracks and missing chunk that the guy had told me was mission everything looks fine to me only thing mest up was the lsd breaking. I can't believe that guy tried to con me 1800 to rebuil it plus getting a new bottom part. When nothing is wrong with but the lsd

LOL I can! Had a mechanic put in mismatched spark plugs from a reputable speed shop back before I did things myself.

Back