SoulArmored CX-5 Build

I like that a lot! how hard was it to do?

Not that easy. I had a vinyl shop help on this one as I haven't done much with wrap work. It took about 2hrs to do. If I were to do it myself I would have removed grill, sanded and painted/cleared. I wanted to be sure I liked it first but vinyl lasts a pretty long time. I'm not a big fan of plastidip. It's very convenient and easy to apply but I don't care for how it looks and it doesn't last all that long in my experience (around a year).

I did play around with emblems some but found in my opinion with what I'm going for with car they look good as is.

Huffster: Install was very easy. It comes with a template to align properly. It also comes with an alcohol wipe to prep surface. I wiped down with a microfiber and then the alcohol wipe. It applies with 3M Tape.

And thank you for the compliment

-Evan-

Thanks for the info!

Dalton

Huffster: Install was very easy. It comes with a template to align properly. It also comes with an alcohol wipe to prep surface. I wiped down with a microfiber and then the alcohol wipe. It applies with 3M Tape.

And thank you for the compliment

-Evan-

Next Modification was an AEM Dry Flow Filter. Simple and easy install. Affordable at $32. Sits right in place of factory filter.

Part# : 28-20480

Review Update:

After putting some miles in with this installed, I would say it was worth every penny. I can actually feel a difference...Does run slightly smoother. No I don't think I gained any power necessarily. MPG Average has gone up 1mpg with a 70/30 split of highway/city. Averaging 28.4 mpg. This is normal driving. Could easily get more if was driving solely for fuel economy. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who needs a filter replacement or in general.

Last edited:
Can you give an update on how your CX-5 rides months after the H&R spring install? Is the ride quality still comfortable for you and your wife?

I would be interested in hearing an update as well. Going to be installing H&R's soon. And maybe some Koni yellows... (thumb)

Update on H&R:

Yes I would still have installed these after having them in for some time now. Ride is still improved over factory. We live on a pretty rough road which is a good test for these...It does have a little more bounce but is more forgiving and flatter in corners. My wife still likes them and how it looks. I would be interested in trying some Koni with these as well!

Update on H&R:

Yes I would still have installed these after having them in for some time now. Ride is still improved over factory. We live on a pretty rough road which is a good test for these...It does have a little more bounce but is more forgiving and flatter in corners. My wife still likes them and how it looks. I would be interested in trying some Koni with these as well!
Thanks for the update. My wife is complaining about body roll when cornering with the CX-5, which is why I was interested in these springs.

I wonder if these springs would work well with the Koni FSDs as I would prefer that over the yellows (since you have to take out the rear to adjust them anyway). I also am hoping Bilstein would come out with shocks for our CX-5s.

Next Modification was an AEM Dry Flow Filter. Simple and easy install. Affordable at $32. Sits right in place of factory filter.

Review Update:

After putting some miles in with this installed, I would say it was worth every penny. I can actually feel a difference...Does run slightly smoother. No I don't think I gained any power necessarily. MPG Average has gone up 1mpg with a 70/30 split of highway/city. Averaging 28.4 mpg. This is normal driving. Could easily get more if was driving solely for fuel economy. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who needs a filter replacement or in general.

this doesn't need the red dye oil spray like K&N's right ? that K&N oil messed up my mass air flow sensor in my previous car,

this one just clean with AEM cleaner and air dry right ?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:

Review Update:

Not a big modder but trying all i can do to get my mpgs up. I have been averaging 32 ish in mixed driving, I will definitely get this as my replacement filter. What do you reckon life of the factory one should be? I have 7K miles on my car. Another question is can this filter be cleaned every few months?
Reading reviews on Amazon - 3 reviewers said it plain "no mpg improvement" - but the fact that it can be washed and re-used alone is good.

Back