SoulArmored CX-5 Build

Install was fairly easy. The rear actually took longer than the front. No alignment done yet but doesn't pull or drift.

Initial Impressions:

I think the stance is perfect. The stock wheels don't do anything for the car but once a better rolling stock goes on I think it will look great. If Mazdaspeed made a version of this car I think this is pretty close to the stance it would be. Ride quality is actually better than stock in my opinion. It does have a slight bounce but feels more forgiving than stock. Definitely less body roll not that these had much anyway compared to competition. Also virtually no brake dive.
Real test is the wife. She knows I did something but not what so I told her to drive it and see if she notices any difference. So that will be the real test! In my opinion I would definitely buy these again.

Update: She called me while out and said I definitely did something with the suspension. Her words were the car seems more "forgiving" over bumps and she feels more "connected" to the car. She also said she notice a little bounce but thinks it rides smoother than it did before. All in all I think that's a win and they will be staying in.

I'm also pretty impressed with my wife's terminology and noticing without any idea of what I did.

When the shocks wear I will upgrade those as well.

Last edited:
Awesome! Any idea what dampers you'll go with?

heh reminds me of my first car when I first lowered it, and hoping my parents wouldn't notice. :p

Awesome! Any idea what dampers you'll go with?

heh reminds me of my first car when I first lowered it, and hoping my parents wouldn't notice. :p

I'm probably going to go with Koni as options aren't that many anyways. The Koni FSD seems to be a nice option but the Yellows are always great as well and can adjust accordingly.

I'm probably going to go with Koni as options aren't that many anyways. The Koni FSD seems to be a nice option but the Yellows are always great as well and can adjust accordingly.

I bought Koni Sport yellow shocks for my Integra back in 2002 when I first lowered it. I'm still running the same shocks today with 250,000 miles on them, and they're still working! Probably the best money I ever spent on that car.

If you're in it for the long haul with a car, Koni Sports are a great choice that should last a LONG time.

Looks good!!! I was out of town or would have picked up a great $200 CL deal for a "new" Racing Beat Exhaust.

75200.1.jpg

Nice. I probably would have jumped on that deal!

Install was fairly easy. The rear actually took longer than the front. No alignment done yet but doesn't pull or drift.

Initial Impressions:

I think the stance is perfect. The stock wheels don't do anything for the car but once a better rolling stock goes on I think it will look great. If Mazdaspeed made a version of this car I think this is pretty close to the stance it would be. Ride quality is actually better than stock in my opinion. It does have a slight bounce but feels more forgiving than stock. Definitely less body roll not that these had much anyway compared to competition. Also virtually no brake dive.
Real test is the wife. She knows I did something but not what so I told her to drive it and see if she notices any difference. So that will be the real test! In my opinion I would definitely buy these again.

Can't wait to see what wheels you put on that car!

Ultra Racing Strut Bar Review:

Having driven a handful of times with this installed I can say I notice a difference but only at higher speed (60mph+). Maneuverability feels more stable and precise. Build quality of piece is excellent. Very thick and 1 piece design. Fitment was very snug. Overall I would recommend for those looking to improve the Zoom Zoom factor.

Good buy. I saw a couple of UR vendors on Amazon selling at reduced pricing right now

is there any difference in UR strut bars for the CX-5? I only see ones that are listed for a 2012 2.0. The pictures look slightly different then the one SoulRed installed. SoulRed, do you have the part number for the bar?

Was the installation really easy? seems straightforward but I'm not really a big mechanical type.

Yes it was. Just remove the two strut bolts on each side that the bar uses to bolt itself to car. I did have to hold back the wiper cowl a bit to get it on and fitment was snug but this a job I'd say anyone could do.

So was playing around with some vinyl. I first did the emblems which while the back looked good I don't think the front did. My end result shown here. Nothing done to emblems but wrapped the chrome grill edge with a Satin Black.

Back