Erratic Transmission jerk

Madmazda5

:
Mazda5
I know everyone has probably had this problem with their car doing the jerk at any time like a crackhead girl twerkin..

Can someone help me with this problem.. I went to the dealer in SF and they said they can't help me.

2008 mazda 5.. Fluids changed few days ago..

Last edited:
We need more information to help. What year is your Mazda 5? When was the last time the transmission fluid was changed. I know that there was a TSB for some of the earlier transmissions, they had to be reprogrammed - you may want to search for it.

We need more information to help. What year is your Mazda 5? When was the last time the transmission fluid was changed. I know that there was a TSB for some of the earlier transmissions, they had to be reprogrammed - you may want to search for it.

Car is 2008.. Tranny fluid was changed a week ago and engine oil was also changed at the same time. Is there someone who knows the TSB #.. I went to the dealer today and they said they can't do anything without a CEL code.. Or is there another kid of fix for this.

I vaguely remember something about the transmission to be being reprogrammed, but I don't have any specific TSBs. The dealer should have a list of TSBs.

My experience is with a 2006 transmission that had to be replaced by the dealer. Since then, no problems shifting with regular changes of fluid. We're over 100,000 miles now.

What fluid did you put in it? There are several threads on here that suggest different fluids. Most say that the Mazda fluid is not very good. Some people have said that using some additives like lubegard helps.

My biggest problem is that it jerk at light throttle acceleration.. It jerk like it slipped out of gear.. I changed the tranny fluid to eneos fluids which were very well recommended. I'm looking to see if anyone knows the specific TSB for the tranny update so I can go to the dealer to have them update it. And if anyone has had this done in the bay area and which dealer was used to get the proper updates done. Can anyone help?

I changed the tranny fluid to eneos fluids which were very well recommended.
Which Eneos ATF did you use? I don't see any compatibility with Mazda on their site. Mazda has a special fluid. I would recommend changing the fluid to either Castrol Import, or Valvoline Maxlife - which others have had good experiences with (see https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123824925-ATF-Recommendations-What-fluid-cooler-filter-Share-your-experience-on-the-Mz5!&p=6163622&viewfull=1#post6163622). The dealer should know all TSBs for their cars, may be there wasn't one and my memory is slipping, or try a different dealer.

It could have been this: (https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123697113-Mazda5-engine-stumble-during-light-acceleration-TSB) I was recalling.

Ok, my memory is ok. I found this "POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)

Date Reported
FEBRUARY 13, 2008
NHTSA Reference
TSB Reference
#01-008/08
Description: ENGINE STUMBLE WHILE DRIVING WITH LIGHT ACCELERATION AT 1500-2500 RPM. *NJ

But it is for 2006 Mazda5 - as reported here: http://www.mazdaproblems.com/tsbs/MAZDA5/2006/

Last edited:
Which Eneos ATF did you use? I don't see any compatibility with Mazda on their site. Mazda has a special fluid. I would recommend changing the fluid to either Castrol Import, or Valvoline Maxlife - which others have had good experiences with

kw-da is correct. While ENEOS is one of the top brands, I do not believe it has a product for Mazda5 automatic transmissions which ask for Type M5 ATF. Castrol Transmax Import (full synthetic and non-synthetic) and Valvoline MaxLife full synthetic ATFs should have you covered unless you prefer OEM. Red Line D4, Idemitsu Type-M 10113-042P and Beck Arnley 252-2005 will also work although they are generally more expensive and hard to find in stores in case you hate online shopping.

Not sure that correct ATF is the solution to the problem but I would consider changing fluid.

Back