Passenger side window not working

Stephan Roos

:
Mazda 2
Hallo guys, please allow me to ask for some advise if possible. I ask for forgiveness if I am in the wrong spot. My Mazda2 passenger side window stopped working last night and does not close again after being opened. There is just a click noise when I push the window button on bothe the driver and passenger door. I tried to open the door covers but am not sure how as I am scared I will break the panels. Any feedback would be highly appreciated. Thank you very much...

Here is a good pictorial write up how to pull the door panels:

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123796492-Door-Panel-removal-l

As you can see the window motor is right there. On the passenger side there should only be two wires going to it... easy enough to probe them with a volt meter to check for voltage and ground getting to it. IIRC they are Red/White and a Green wire.

If power and ground ARE getting to it, you can likely plug it in, hold the window switch UP, and smack the motor directly with a hammer(not enough to physically mangle it of course... enough to jar it some)... if the motor failed due to brushes failing to make contact(common way they wear out), smacking it can sometimes bounce things around enough to make temporary contact to at least get it back up until you can properly repair it. I'd also highly recommend keeping the motor disconnected so you don't accidentally get it stuck down again... I've done this before so trust me (rlaugh)

Back