Motive Brake Bleeder adapter number?

Thanks for info on the 1118 adapter. I need to order one. I had never bled breaks before. So easy with the Motive product. I'm gonna use it with my CX-5. I got done using it on my G35x yesterday.... so...so easy to do by yourself. It felt better using something I didn't have to concern myself with causing some kind ABS issue. Plenty of videos on Youtube if you want to see how it works. This can easily become a maintenance item on all of my cars.

Thanks for info on the 1118 adapter. I need to order one. I had never bled breaks before. So easy with the Motive product. I'm gonna use it with my CX-5. I got done using it on my G35x yesterday.... so...so easy to do by yourself. It felt better using something I didn't have to concern myself with causing some kind ABS issue. Plenty of videos on Youtube if you want to see how it works. This can easily become a maintenance item on all of my cars.

That's funny I used to have a G35x as well and also had a Motive Brake Bleeder and it worked out pretty good. I got lazy and didn't try on the CX-5.

I went out and measured inside of my cap and it is actually 1.8". I've emailed their support to see if they have any updates.

https://www.motiveproducts.com/pages/application-guide

"Mazda Mazda seems to change caps from model year and version of their vehicles. We have seen the 1100, 1109, 1107, and the 1118 work on different Mazdas. Our best advice is to measure the inner diameter of the caps and compare those measurements to the pictures found at this webpage

https://www.motiveproducts.com/pages/caps

If the cap OD measures as per the pictures 1.9" then it is the 1118 cap. If it measures 2.0" then it is the 1107. If it measures 1.8" we currently do not have a cap for it but hope to develop one.

The first two generation Miatas will use kit 0111 which includes adapter 1111. The 3rd generation Miata will use adapters 1100/1109 which are included in the 0100/0109 kits. Clutch reservoirs on Mazdas if separate from the brake reservoir will also use the 1100/1109 adapters."

That's funny I used to have a G35x as well and also had a Motive Brake Bleeder and it worked out pretty good. I got lazy and didn't try on the CX-5.

Bought it new back in early 2007. Still a fun car for me to drive... fastest thing I have personally owned. Have driven faster cars though. IMO.. the '07 & 08's are more tossable than the '09 and later. Throttle mapping is more aggressive as well.

Mine was a 2005 model that I also got new. Don't have it anymore though....past it onto nephew. I like the exhaust sound and it sounded great. Currently driving a 2017 Wrx 6mt.

Finally got around to ordering cap after all these years... the 1118 Motive seems to fit perfectly on my '15. I need to do a long overdue brake fluid change.

Back