First cx5 failure

I don't work on my own stuff anymore. BTDT, just wasn't my passion. That said, I will speak with the techs and see if they are willing to let me tighten the lugs in the future.

I'm not sure about that, they have to tighten/torque the lug nuts to safely move the vehicle and test drive it if needed. But you should be able to tell them to use a hand torque wrench, and not air tools on the lug nuts.

I guess I'm just one who likes to wrench/tinker on cars, even though it can be a pain sometimes. It's also a way for me to KNOW that things are done right, and also to save money since I don't have a lot of that stuff extra to throw around.

Autolock wouldn't work. What is it anyway? I've tried unlocking it and it wouldn't work, but my vehicle does not lock doors automatically.

Autolock is where you set the vehicle to lock the doors when you walk away with the fob. It's a setting.

Autolock is where you set the vehicle to lock the doors when you walk away with the fob. It's a setting.

I believe I have the Autolock setting on for the Mazda6. It locks after a few seconds when walking away. Not sure if my older CX-5 has it though.

I know our 2014 Touring does not have the Autolock setting. It also does not have the feature that prevents lockouts if the car is turned off but the key left inside the car, and doors locked with the button. I know because I had to drop $60 for a locksmith a few weeks ago lol.

Question about autolock - I have the keyless entry.
In a prior vacation where i rented a Highlander - I gave keys to my daughter and just as I slammed the door shut to open her door (It was closed) - she hit the lock button. I had to get help from a Repo guy eating at the McAllister's we were parked in.

Will this situation happen in a CX-5 or will I be able to (since the key is so close by) press the button on the door handle to open the car? Or will the CX-5 refuse to be locked by the Key fob inside the car?

Note the child was in child seat and pressed the lock button on Highlander's FOB.

That feature is called Walk Away Lock. Autolock is when the doors lock when you start driving; you can choose between taking trans. out of park and when driving.

Question about autolock - I have the keyless entry.
In a prior vacation where i rented a Highlander - I gave keys to my daughter and just as I slammed the door shut to open her door (It was closed) - she hit the lock button. I had to get help from a Repo guy eating at the McAllister's we were parked in.

Will this situation happen in a CX-5 or will I be able to (since the key is so close by) press the button on the door handle to open the car? Or will the CX-5 refuse to be locked by the Key fob inside the car?

Note the child was in child seat and pressed the lock button on Highlander's FOB.

I tried locking the door today, inside the car, with the key fob and it will lock the door. I didnt' try pressing the button on the door handle to see if that works.

Interesting how differing needs have to be taken into account - some time ago people wanted to know how to leave their keys in the car without the door opening (only with the key) - for example if they were going swimming.

Back