Cabin Air Filter for 2016 CX-9

SeCX-9

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Anyone know where the cabin air filter is located on the 2016 model? My 08 CX-9 and 09 CX-7 were behind the glove box. I haven't dug deep enough into my 2016 yet and didn't want to break something that's not meant to be opened.

The manual says to replace every 24 months, but would be good to know where to start looking. Much cheaper ordering on Amazon than having the dealer install.

Behind the glove box.
Just replace mined. I was surprise how dirty is was after about 7000 miles.

Also did the engine filter.

Both version quick and easy to do.

Yep found mine too - very, very easy. Unfortunately local Consumer Auto Parts didn't have any in stock. I'll just go with Amazon!

2016 cx9 filters

Behind the glove box.
Just replace mined. I was surprise how dirty is was after about 7000 miles.

Also did the engine filter.

Both version quick and easy to do.

Hey~ could you by any chance send a link to the filters you bought? I see youtube videos on changing the cabin filter. Is the engine filter just as easy? Thank you for your time~

Thanks. That's where it was in my old 08 CX-9. Surprised they didn't document it.

Thanks for that vid, very helpful!

The OEM cabin filter's part number is TK4861J6X, as described in the comments of the video. Does anyone know if there are any cheaper filters that also fit?

The OEM engine air filter's part number is PY8W133A0. Also if anyone has a part number for a cheaper engine air filter, that would be greatly appreciated as well. I'm not looking for anything fancy with activated carbon or anything like that, just need something to keep particulates out.

I realize these parts are pretty cheap as is, but if there's something else out there that's cheaper and does the job, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Check the WIX WA9790 engine air filter, or identical NAPA Gold air filter FIL 209790. I will not use a K&N filter--possible inadequate filtration and total bogus claim about better performance.

Back