Mazda3 2016 extended warranty

Okice

:
Mazda3 2016 sedan
Hi all! I just bought mazda3 2016 sedan (picking up my new car in 2 wks) and was offered "mazda added protection" and "rust proofing" coverage. I initially declined saying I would think about it. With this purchase I already have limited warranty for 3 years.

Is paying an additional $1500-$1700 for an extra 2 yrs warranty needed? Is this price reasonable? I am super undecisive about this.

Thank you!
D

I can't comment on actually purchasing it, but I just picked up a used 2013 mazda 3 that needs a new steering rack. Luckily the car had an extended warranty with it. Got it in my name and now I'm covered. It would be useful for things like the AC unit and steering problems like mine.

It depends. In my case I bought it for my 2017 because of how much I drive. In Canada, Mazda offers an unlimited mileage warranty (not sure how it is in your part of the world). Powertrain is covered for 5 years, everything else 3 years with no mileage restriction. In my case I drive 40-50,000 km a year. The extended warranty would extend the 3 year comprehensive warranty to 5 years. I decided with the amount I drive, it's worth it ($1200). This way I am covered for 5 years bumper to bumper and power train with no mileage restrictions. After 5 years the car will have well over 200,000km. I'd say it's a good insurance policy in my case.

Back