Anyone Get The Lift Gate Strut Recall Fix Yet?

Yep

Yes.

I am unable to receive my Mazda5 until it's complete. It's sitting at a dealership and they can't deliver. So I'm curious if anyone has news or has received the fix.

If you live in warm climate should I still get it done ?

My strategy was to wait a couple years until the current ones started to wear out and not support the hatch well. Then go to the dealer and get new ones. :)

Anyone see a flaw with this?

Received my notice in the mail today. Basically they said to wait for the next notice. Makes me wonder why they just did not send a notice when the parts were available. For that matter my local parts store has the parts if I really needed them.

I got a notice too. Havent explored the fix yet but based on posts here, I guess Ill wait. lol Anyone know where to find an inexpensive passenger side replacement mirror assembly? Hubs came too close to a mailbox when a tire blew. oops. ;)

I went in for an oil change on the 17th and was hit with the recall. I wasn't even aware there was one until I got there. They tested the mechanisms and told me that they failed, so they me a Mazda6 to drive in the meantime. I'm not sure how long this is going to go on and it's got me thinking about my lease. I'm not sure what is in the paperwork regarding leased vehicles and recalls (I plan on looking through my info tonight), but I'm not a fan of feeling like I have to pay the lease on a vehicle I now can't drive.

Got the notice but frankly I'll likely just replace them myself if/when they wear out. I find it pretty silly that there is a recall for something as simple as this - blame the lawyers...

Waiting for them to wear out before replacing them is basically the same logic as putting a helmet on after you hit your head. Dealer replaced mine yesterday during routine oil change.....in and out in 40 mins.

Waiting for them to wear out before replacing them is basically the same logic as putting a helmet on after you hit your head. Dealer replaced mine yesterday during routine oil change.....in and out in 40 mins.

Corrosion/rust is much less a concern for some of us (no snow, not close to the coast) so we can't imagine the struts completely breaking out of nowhere.

Just had my new to me 2013 Mazda5 at the dealer for emissions repair. They said there aren't parts available for the strut fix yet.

Matt

Waiting for the second notice for the recall. When I initially received me notice in 12/16, the dealer told me parts wouldn't be available until 2/17. Still not available.

Got another notice associated with this recall last week. Called dealer and was told that parts became available for dealers in the state just recently... and are on back order already. Was told to call back late this month.

Had my struts replaced this week. Received 2nd notice from Mazda last week, called McClarty Mazda and they had them in stock. I dropped it off Monday after work and they called at 8:15 Tuesday morning saying it was ready. They also washed and vacuumed it prior to me picking it up. I can actually tell a difference in the way the tailgate opens and I believe it is raising a tad higher than before.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Back