Anyone Get The Lift Gate Strut Recall Fix Yet?

Had my struts replaced this week. Received 2nd notice from Mazda last week, called McClarty Mazda and they had them in stock. I dropped it off Monday after work and they called at 8:15 Tuesday morning saying it was ready. They also washed and vacuumed it prior to me picking it up. I can actually tell a difference in the way the tailgate opens and I believe it is raising a tad higher than before.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk
That's good to know - glad you got it done. My dealer keeps saying this recall is not a big deal and that parts are on backorder in our state. Well, that was from my last call to the closest dealer, about three weeks ago. I will try again soon.

I was surprised my dealer had them in stock after reading about the shortages everywhere. I'm in Little Rock, AR. I see quite a few 5's around, but we may not have the volume in our region as others.

I saw that recall notice and shredded it. I just dislike the dealer experience that much. (boom02)

I can't remember the last time I've ever had a car in a dealership for service. Oh wait, late 1990s for collision repair of a '95 GMC truck due to someone rear ending me and the negligent party's insurance covering it.

I'm not a dealership person myself. I perform all my own maintenance and repairs when I can, but I looked at the recall as Mazda taking responsibility for poor design and I'll gladly allow them to pick up the repair cost over me.

Got this taken care of yesterday. Ended up going to a dealer that is not that close to me but that actually answers the phone and seems pretty helpful. Had them perform some other work too.

I got mine done aswell couple weeks ago. For all the socal people i got mine done at star mazda in glendale

Back