Away from GM and new to Mazda

2006mazda3

:
2006 mazda 3 sedan 5 spd 2.3l
Well im completely new to madza and ive aquired myself a 2006 mazda 3 5 spd with a 2.3....thing has some pep but im wanting to toy with it. Where do i start?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Well, the 2.3 motor isn't exactly full of untapped power. Going with lighter wheels, swaybar, stickier tires, etc will likely get you the most "Smiles per gallon" from your new purchase.

Ive read a few threads about some one doing a 2.5 swap but no one has said whether they could keep the 5 spd tranny or had to go automatic. Is ot possible to do a 2.5 and keep my 5 spd?

it maybe possible to get a 2.5 and get a 6 speed manual like what comes with the 2.5s on the 2010-13s honestly though that maybe more money than its worth. the 5 speed may mount to the 2.5, many people dont realize the 2.0, 2.3, and 2.5 are all basically the same engine just bored and stroked, many things are the exact same on them even from 2004-2013 (non skyactiv motors obviously) those are whole other beasts. the motor mount for the passenger side, same on all engines from 04-13, coil packs same on all motors from 04-13 various external engine parts such as egr valves, coolant hoses, thermostats many are the same across the 04-13 non skyactiv spectrum. its the mazda L series block. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_L_engine its good reading, tells you alot about the motors in these cars. its great when you realize 9 different models of vehicles use the same motor in some form (2.3L) meaning parts are plentiful and cheaper to get. and 10 different models use the 2.5L in some form. these motors are pretty good, hell they would have to be ford would be stupid to choose them, over developing their own if they were not good.

Thanks for the link there us alot of useful info there

Back