Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Daytime running lights dim/flickering

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Daytime running lights dim/flickering

Quote Originally Posted by SlothMan View Post
    Correction, invoice states Rev J but part is actually Rev H. Has anyone ever complained about this? Seems like a major compliance, quality, inventory control issue to be selling parts marked incorrectly on invoices.
    No the part numbers on invoice are correct and you can see those part numbers on packaging box (see pictures above). The difference is not only "H" and "J" but also "0" and "1". I believe Mazda simply reuses the old label with wrong part number affixed to the LED headlight, but only the manufacture date is legit. Yeah it's definitely a sloppy job on this, but this's no surprise to me. Mazda can't even make fluid capacities correct in its owner's manual and factory service manual.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Which fuse would that be?
    In Spain (in all EU version) the fuse is number 51.

DRL Fusible 51.pdf
    Last edited by MikieMad; 06-06-2019 at 02:42 AM.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    The E-code headlights (European specification) have better light pattern and cut-off than that the North American headlights regulated by DOT. That's why you see different part numbers between your E-code LED headlights and US LED headlights.

You definitely don't want older C/D version of LED headlights as their DRLs will fail in several years due to either a bad design or poor quality parts introduced (IMO, both). If money is no object, you'd want the latest "J" version which should have better longevity.
    My friend, We can not do anything ?. Mazda Corp. not assumes his mistake?

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by MikieMad View Post
    In Spain (in all EU) the fuse is number 51.

DRL Fusible 51.pdf
    Thank you.

And in the US, it's... anyone?... I didn't think so.

DRL=H/L low

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Thank you.

And in the US, it's... anyone?... I didn't think so.

DRL=H/L low
    For US gen-1 CX-5 15A fuse #51 is for Daytime running lights. For gen-2 CX-5 DRL fuse is nowhere can be found.

Registered Member

2016 CX-5 w/ Tech/Activsense

Well, both my DRL are flickering and dealership quoted me about 2 grand to fix both. I didnít buy the car from them but have gotten it serviced there for all 7 oil changes/ tire rotations but I donít blame them for not picking up the tab right away.

The women wasnít surprised though, and recommended I call mazda and said they will work with mazda to get it covered. Fingers crossed. No way I am spending two grand on this.

Any tips on complaining to mazda?

Quote Originally Posted by mackworth View Post
    Well, both my DRL are flickering and dealership quoted me about 2 grand to fix both. I didnít buy the car from them but have gotten it serviced there for all 7 oil changes/ tire rotations but I donít blame them for not picking up the tab right away.

The women wasnít surprised though, and recommended I call mazda and said they will work with mazda to get it covered. Fingers crossed. No way I am spending two grand on this.

Any tips on complaining to mazda?
    Not much we can help as you're in the mercy of Mazda North American Operations right now. If you can do good sales talk you may get a little more compensation for headlight replacement and it may also depend on how far over your new car warranty is. Try to read this long thread backwards and you should get more ideas. You can always disable your LED DRLs discussed above, if you can't get much from MNAO.

A friend of mine who took my recommendation got a 2016 CX-5 GT with Tech. His DRLs started flickering at the 37th month and 20K miles. MNAO was only willing to cover the most and he'd have to pay $400 for both. He refused as there're many at the time got free replacement without warranty, some even had 60K+ miles. He simply let the DRLs flickering for a while until they totally died. He said he wants people to see how poor the quality is on his CX-5 with DRLs flickering, and he swore he'd never buy another Mazda although he had bought two. Yeah he bought a Lexus instead of another Mazda.

And again, your friend is an idiot refusing a $2000 discount....
    ďI'll show them, I'll drive around with faulty lights so people don't buy Mazdas... ď when instead people are thinking ďMoron , get your lights fixed... " #backfire #idiot
    LOL
    Last edited by 7eregrine; 06-12-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    And again, your friend is an idiot refusing a $2000 discount....
    ďI'll show them, I'll drive around with faulty lights so people don't buy Mazdas... ď when instead people are thinking ďMoron , get your lights fixed... " #backfire #idiot
    LOL
    Can't blame him.

To him it's not the $2,000 discount, but $400 out of his pocket for something he doesn't need. Especially when he learned some people here got FREE replacement with 60K+ miles at the time, but his CX-5 had only 20K miles and 37 months old!

In the end it's a loss to Mazda. He traded in his old Mazda6 and got a Lexus ES although he originally was considering another Mazda6.

Registered Member

CX-5

Hi guys, I am having the same issues, driver's side daytime running lights started flickering. I have a 2016 CX-5 Grant Touring with 2 packages (forgot what they are called, radar cruize control, lane departure, dimming read view mirror, heated leather seats, etc). This is 2016.0, not 2016.5

So now I found this thread and it looks like I need to read 360 posts to catch up. Car was bought in May 2016, we just noticed this in June 2016, the lights may have been flickering while under warranty but we didn't notice.

$1200 to replace one side is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Can't blame him.

To him it's not the $2,000 discount, but $400 out of his pocket for something he doesn't need. Especially when he learned some people here got FREE replacement with 60K+ miles at the time, but his CX-5 had only 20K miles and 37 months old!

In the end it's a loss to Mazda. He traded in his old Mazda6 and got a Lexus ES although he originally was considering another Mazda6.
    Ok I'll admit 1 month out of warranty is bullshit. It's always annoyed me that car companies only offer 3 year warranties while expecting you to take out a 5 year loan.
    But I still think Mazda offering that much of a discount is very significant. I would have taken that deal out of warranty.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibitul.Smeche View Post
    Hi guys, I am having the same issues, driver's side daytime running lights started flickering. I have a 2016 CX-5 Grant Touring with 2 packages (forgot what they are called, radar cruize control, lane departure, dimming read view mirror, heated leather seats, etc). This is 2016.0, not 2016.5

So now I found this thread and it looks like I need to read 360 posts to catch up. Car was bought in May 2016, we just noticed this in June 2016, the lights may have been flickering while under warranty but we didn't notice.

$1200 to replace one side is not acceptable.
    You don't need to read all that. Reach out to Mazda Corporate.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Ok I'll admit 1 month out of warranty is bullshit. It's always annoyed me that car companies only offer 3 year warranties while expecting you to take out a 5 year loan.
    But I still think Mazda offering that much of a discount is very significant. I would have taken that deal out of warranty.
    No matter how much discount, he still have to shell out $400 for something he doesn't really need. Were you still willing to pay that amount when you see people posting their story of free replacement with 60K+ miles?

Registered Member

CX-5

You don't need to read all that. Reach out to Mazda Corporate.
    I will try that. What is the best way to contact them. Phone, email, web site, fax, registered mail?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chibitul.Smeche View Post
    I will try that. What is the best way to contact them. Phone, email, web site, fax, registered mail?

Thanks
    Go to Mazda North American Operations website and find the 800 phone number for Customer Experience Center. Call them to seek help but at this stage don't expect too much from them.

I believe you should read the posts in this thread backwards to get more feels on this issue and what can you expect from MNAO.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast