Daytime running lights dim/flickering

I just joined this forum after researching this issue. My drivers side light was replaced in Jan under warranty. Just this week my passenger side DRL went out, my warranty expired in May even thought Im under 36000 miles.
I called Mazda Experience and they said I would have to pay half the cost at $641.31
Count me as a victim. My warranty just ran out in May. Drivers side light was replaced in Jan, now passenger side is out. Mazda wanna me to pay half the bill at $641.31.
Looks like Mazda North American Operations are getting tougher on out-of-warranty goodwill gesture for failed LED headlights. Started with free, then $50, then $398 for two. Now $641.31 for one ⋯

Anyone here with 2016 CX-5 GT Tech is still having original LED headlights from factory?

Anyone here with 2016 CX-5 GT Tech is still having original LED headlights from factory?

That would be me. '16 GT with Tech, 32K miles, bought 6/30/15, so only 9 days left on 36 month warranty. Not a hint of problems with the DRL's or main LED's. Knock on wood.

It is pretty sad that most car companies still only offer a 3 year warranty. Just like they did 30 years ago. Shouldn't we be up to 5 for most by now?

That would be me. '16 GT with Tech, 32K miles, bought 6/30/15, so only 9 days left on 36 month warranty. Not a hint of problems with the DRL's or main LED's. Knock on wood.
How many miles do you have? The longevity of LED DRLs is also related to the mileage driven.

He said 32K.
Don't let him worry you Brilko. He's convinced every one of the 112,000 CX-5s sold in 2016 are going to fail. [emoji1]

I’ll be filing a complaint with NHTSA. May do nothing but if everyone does.....
One way to force a safety recall is to file a complaint at NHTSA website. But I'm afraid NHTSA won't consider DRL is a safety device as it's not mandatory in the US. It's worth a try though.

He said 32K.
Don't let him worry you Brilko. He's convinced every one of the 112,000 CX-5s sold in 2016 are going to fail. [emoji1]

attachment.php

Meanwhile just googled lightbulbs for my headlights and a pair was like $25.

Sometimes tech not always better [emoji14]

He said 32K.
Not all 112,236 CX-5's sold for the US market in 2016 are equipped with Tech package. Besides, 2016 CX-5 started selling in February, 2015.

Well it's going on 3 years old, Yrwie. Isn't that about the failure time frame? 30-40k miles? 2-3 years. We should probably get ready for 1000s of GT owners to start posting....

Meanwhile just googled lightbulbs for my headlights and a pair was like $25.

Sometimes tech not always better [emoji14]
No, tech is always better, but it's the poor quality and reliability are making the issues ⋯

Well it's going on 3 years old, Yrwie. Isn't that about the failure time frame? 30-40k miles? 2-3 years. We should probably get ready for 1000s of GT owners to start posting....
Ha, you're trying to play numbers game. I can also say how many members here claimed they have original LED DRLs on their 2016 CX-5? ONE out of hundreds so far!

We don't know if your 2016.5 CX-5's are affected.

And you're the one once said we shouldn't be worried on this LED DRL failures, even claimed there're only 2~3 incidents at the time but in fact there're 9~10 claims already!

LMAO. You did not bring that up again. Dude, that was a ******* year ago. Let it go. I'm not even going to comment on that yet again.
So how many are we up to now? 30? 40? There should be 100s by now if what you think is true. Maybe 1000s.

Back