Daytime running lights dim/flickering

Does anyone have a good website to purchase replacement headlights? I've done some searching but can't seem to find the 'one' that has the right headlight. Lot of them have multiple headlights available by different brands. I want to buy the factory part (or close to it) so I can do the repair myself. Dealer quoted me $1200 like everyone else on this thread, not worth it.
Youre not going to find a cheap OEM LED headlight unit for 2016 CX-5. The best way to get some help is to call Customer Experience Center, Mazda North American Operations. Or just leave the failed LED DRL alone.

You*re not going to find a *cheap* OEM LED headlight unit for 2016 CX-5. The best way to get some help is to call Customer Experience Center, Mazda North American Operations. Or just leave the failed LED DRL alone.

Original plan was to leave it alone but if I could find the replacement part for $200-$300 I was going to revisit that notion. Was doing some research to see what was available. I'll give them a call. Thank you.

Same issue

How were you successful in getting Mazda Customer Care to replace? Mine is also 3.5 years old, but they told me it wouldn't be eligible for replacement since it's out of warranty.

Thanks and congrats!

One of my LED DRL's quit working on my 2016 after about 3.5 years of ownership. By contacting Mazda customer service, I ended up getting it replaced for free. It's a little disappointing that the new one isn't as bright as the original so they don't match, but I'm really glad that Mazda fixed it even though it was no longer under warranty.

That's promising, US or Canada?

Original plan was to leave it alone but if I could find the replacement part for $200-$300 I was going to revisit that notion. Was doing some research to see what was available. I'll give them a call. Thank you.
If youre trying to find a used one, make sure to get a J version LED headlight. I dont believe you can find a cheaper aftermarket LED headlight which looks the same.

Yeah try to contact MNAO and hope you can talk to a nicer rep. Read those posts in this thread and see how did they get free or minimum charge for the headlight replacement.

I had 75,000 miles on mine when I called and they agreed to replace both units at a cost of $100 each, which I was very pleased with. Maybe the class action lawsuit has caused a change in attitude or maybe I got lucky and got the right customer service rep. Their records also may have shown I have been a repeat Mazda customer, which could have factored into their decision. I'd call back and cite this website as support for them offering good deals to others with out-of-warranty vehicles and ask for the same deal yourself. The worst they can say is no and it's a free call.

How were you successful in getting Mazda Customer Care to replace? Mine is also 3.5 years old, but they told me it wouldn't be eligible for replacement since it's out of warranty.

Thanks and congrats!

Thanks and congrats!
I*m not sure why they helped me but not you. I would keep trying. Maybe ask them to escalate your case to a manager.

Update

Thanks and congrats!

After many calls to Mazda Customer Care, Mazda finally agreed to pay for part of the replacement. I ended up paying $400 to replace the passenger headlight assembly. While I'm not satisfied with having to pay something which I feel is a defective design, it's still better than paying $1200 which the dealer originally quoted for the repair.

After many calls to Mazda Customer Care, Mazda finally agreed to pay for part of the replacement. I ended up paying $400 to replace the passenger headlight assembly. While I'm not satisfied with having to pay something which I feel is a defective design, it's still better than paying $1200 which the dealer originally quoted for the repair.
Thanks for the update. Its too bad not getting more compensation from MNAO for something with inferior design and very expensive to replace. More than a year ago, a friend of mine got the same amount like you, $400 for him to replace, when his 2016 CX-5 just a month over 3-year warranty with 20,000 miles. He declined the offer to do it, just left the DRL flickering until it died, as DRLs are not mandatory item to have them. It a loss to Mazda as he changed his plan getting a new Mazda6 to replace his old Mazda6, and got a Lexus ES instead.

Is this an issue on the 17*s and up?

No issues with my '17 GT. The LED DRL is actually the projector headlamp (along with the 'signature' elements) - at a lower intensity. I also have the LED fogs and typically have those on whenever the full headlights are on.

I saw a GM SUV with one LED tail light assembly totally out and have heard of a Toyota Prius owner also having a stock LED tail light fail.

Hello,

New to the forum here. Happy owner of a 2014 Mazda 3 (135k miles and counting). Now looking at purchasing a pre-owned 2015 CX-5 GT with the Tech Package. Most of what I've read on this thread (and elsewhere) has identified the 2016 and 2016.5 lights as the ones with the issue. Anyone know if the lights on this 2015 trim have a known issue as well? Apologies if this has already been commented on, there was a lot of pages to go through! Thank you.

Hello,

New to the forum here. Happy owner of a 2014 Mazda 3 (135k miles and counting). Now looking at purchasing a pre-owned 2015 CX-5 GT with the Tech Package. Most of what I've read on this thread (and elsewhere) has identified the 2016 and 2016.5 lights as the ones with the issue. Anyone know if the lights on this 2015 trim have a known issue as well? Apologies if this has already been commented on, there was a lot of pages to go through! Thank you.

It's a unique problem to the 2016 model refresh with the Tech package (and thus the LED DRL's). Would not affect a 2015. Good luck with your purchase.

2016 CX5 GT with 55kmi, last November passenger side DRL got dim and flickering, then driver side started also, not long after one side went completely out followed by the other.

Called Mazda, got a case number, went to local dealer got an estimate $1400 for parts + $250 labor... called Mazda back with estimate, they called me back 3 days later saying they pay for parts and I pay for labor...

Just got the car back and new "J" headlights are installed. Slightly different look but good enough.

Back