Which Would You Buy: CPO/New - 2016 or 2017

JKodo

:
Blue
Hello Everyone -

This is my first post here. I was going to buy a Camry - then test-drove the 2016 M6 and fell in love. I am coming from a 2006 Elantra -which have had for ten years. The largest Mazda dealership here has a Black / Sand - 2016 iTouring with Bose package - new for $24,710. Unfortunately - I have a very negative customer experience with them - and will not buy from them. Another dealership - has offered a CPO (Loaner) - 2016 Crystal Blue iTouring / Sand - with a bit over 3,000 miles for $19990. Unlike the first dealership - they have a VERY limited number of M6s in stock. In order for me to have more options - I will have to travel several hours away. I keep my cars for a long time - and put just about 6,000 miles on them a year.

1. The Blue is closest to my budget - but - I really wanted the moon roof package.
2. A dealer 5 hours away has the same Black car above - CPO for $22,900 with 2,500 miles - It would be a chore to get there - but I could fly - then drive back.
3. I was not much impressed by the 11 speaker Bose setup - I really just wanted the moon roof.
4. I have read a lot about road noise in the M6 - and that the 2017s have significantly less of it. That has me thinking - "To hell with budget, go get the 'better' car." Again - doing that will me traveling a few hours away to get the best deal on a car.
_____

Questions -

1. Is the 2017 really so much quieter than the 2016?
2. As a first-time Mazda owner - what would you do?

Thanks -

I originally test drive a 2017 and then bought a new 2016. I did not notice a big difference in noise at all.

An idea: can your preferred dealer check to see if they can get you a 6 in a color and option package that you like, and have them get it for you? I'd be leery of using a dealer 5 hours away, they can screw you over pretty hard once yo get there, knowing they have a lot of leverage on you being so far from home.

I originally test drive a 2017 and then bought a new 2016. I did not notice a big difference in noise at all.

An idea: can your preferred dealer check to see if they can get you a 6 in a color and option package that you like, and have them get it for you? I'd be leery of using a dealer 5 hours away, they can screw you over pretty hard once yo get there, knowing they have a lot of leverage on you being so far from home.

Thanks for the response and the idea!

I haven't driven the 2017, but have heard the 2016 was a big improvement in sound. Seems like if you're looking now you'll find much better deals on 2016s. You just need to find one with that moonroof! That was the one option I gave up cause I wanted a manual. Good luck!

i'll most likely be all finished with financing my 2016 CPO I Touring manual by the end of the week. no way would I give up a manual trans for a moonroof. it took long enough to find this one, and it's only 3 short hours away!

Back