2014 GT Bose speaker options?

em2

:
CX-5 GT AWD Tech package
The front door speakers in my wife's 2014 GT sound like they're on their way out, which in itself is pretty lousy considering the short lifespan, but I'm not here to complain about that. The speakers sound as though they sometimes work, sometimes don't and when they do, there is a muffled rattle coming from the right door. I'd like to change the front door speakers without adding an amp but after reading up a bit, I understand that options are limited.

What aftermarket options do I have that have proven to work?

I know the speakers are basically low frequency subs and 2 ohms but after reading so many threads, I still don't know what actually works lol. Any help is appreciated..thanks

Forgive me, but since you have the GT w/ TECH, are you certain that it is not the Lane Departure Warning Rumble? That would make the LEFT or RIGHT side speaker CUT OUT and RUMBLE depending on which side of your car was going over the line.
(nervous)

Forgive me, but since you have the GT w/ TECH, are you certain that it is not the Lane Departure Warning Rumble? That would make the LEFT or RIGHT side speaker CUT OUT and RUMBLE depending on which side of your car was going over the line.
(nervous)

No definitely not that, happens when the car is parked as well.
Even when you bend over to listen to the speakers, it's clear that one side especially is not working properly, almost like the cone has become detached. Basically I'm looking to replace the door speakers with something suitable without having to add an amp or run additional wires. Any suggestions?

I agree 100% and that's why I said it was lousy. When I take the door panel off I can confirm this but I'd rather do it once and replace with a better option as opposed to repeating the process later.

If it's the same setup as the 2016, the doors are ran @1ohm, getting around 40watts. There really isn't much you can do. Only option I know of that would work is from clear water audio. They make component replacement sets for miatas. They do have a set that includes two 8inch woofers that are 1ohm. And it's $399.00 plus shipping for the set. They will not sell you just the woofers , I already checked. But the woofers should fit in the doors. Just need to make an adapter ring for them. Otherwise add an amp and find a different speaker of your choice.

If it's the same setup as the 2016, the doors are ran @1ohm, getting around 40watts. There really isn't much you can do. Only option I know of that would work is from clear water audio. They make component replacement sets for miatas. They do have a set that includes two 8inch woofers that are 1ohm. And it's $399.00 plus shipping for the set. They will not sell you just the woofers , I already checked. But the woofers should fit in the doors. Just need to make an adapter ring for them. Otherwise add an amp and find a different speaker of your choice.

Thanks for the input, but from what I understand the 2014's have 2ohm speakers which appears to not be any easier to find or replace.

Back