Anyone successfully applied the latest Gracenote update?

PatrickG

:
2014 Mazda 3 Grand Touring 4-Door Sedan
I'm a 2014 Mazda3 owner in the US and have been trying to update to this latest gracenote_NA_September2016.up Gracenote package for the past two days with no success. I've tried five different USB drives ranging from 512MB in size all the way up to 32GB (including 4GB and 8GB sizes). I've tried different brands. I've tried formatting as both FAT and FAT32. But each time, although the USB drive is recognized when I plug it into my car's port, when I select the option to search for new music update it tells me no new update was found.

My OS version: 55.00.650 NA N
Music Db version: 00.05.000

Has anyone else successfully updated from Music Db version 00.05.000 to either gracenote_ADR_September2016.up or gracenote_NA_September2016.up? And what's the difference between the two?

You probably can't update Gracenote to 00.07.000 (the September 2016 update) without updating your "OS version" (Mazda Connect) to a newer version. Updating to the latest Mazda Connect will also update Gracenote to the latest version at the same time. Current Mazda Connect version is 59.00.441, you should update to this as 55.00.650 is buggy

Since you're having issues doing the update, you should have your dealer do it for you

I can't update the OS/Mazda Connect version on my own, can I? Don't I have to have the dealer do that? If not, can you point me to instructions? Thanks!

Mazda Connect is not meant to be user/owner updatable

There's DIY information out there, but I don't advise it since you had so many issues already. You run the risk of bricking the system

Well, I took the car in and had it updated to the latest firmware, and that allowed me to successfully perform the Gracenote update when I got home.

What's weird is, they updated me to firmware version 55.00.760 NA N, but I thought the latest version was v59.

Back