Hit 7060 miles since July 10th!

BinDerSmokDat

:
2016 CX9 GT AWD
I was out of the country for 10 days this summer otherwise it would be about 7600.
So far, so good.
I love getting into my car for my 110+ mile daily commute.
I know an econobox compact would be better on the budget all around, but I have a car that is fun to drive, holds 4 adults comfortably, 7 in a pinch and tows my trailer like it's not even there.

I'm on pace to rack up 26-28k miles a year.

I was out of the country for 10 days this summer otherwise it would be about 7600.
So far, so good.
I know an econobox compact would be better on the budget all around, but I have a car that is fun to drive, holds 4 adults comfortably, 7 in a pinch and tows my trailer like it's not even there.

I picked up my 6 on 30 July... just passed 9000 miles this week.

Pansy. :)

I hope you guys aren't leasing....

Retired and no longer have a commute or children at home, so I'm w-a-a-a-y behind you folks.
3,400 miles on the CX-9 since June 17th, and nearly the same amount on my '16 Miata for fun. (drive2)

My CX-9 GT is at 7000K+. So far, I am happy with everything except the squeaky brake noise that I mentioned on another thread. I am surprise that no one else experience this (brake) problem as it happens to me almost daily (not all the time though). Brought it to the dealer last time but they could not duplicate the problem.

Retired and no longer have a commute or children at home, so I'm w-a-a-a-y behind you folks.
3,400 miles on the CX-9 since June 17th, and nearly the same amount on my '16 Miata for fun. (drive2)

How do you like your mx 5? I am thinking of getting a RF went it comes out next year.

How do you like your mx 5? I am thinking of getting a RF went it comes out next year.

My MX-5 is a Launch Edition Grand Touring, the first 2016 delivered in Austin.
I love it ... with a total of over 13,500 miles since its July 2015 delivery.
Very lively driving dynamics and loads of fun.

I take frequent hill country drives alone or with Miata Club friends.
As a matter of fact, I'm joining the Miata Club for a long run tomorrow.

The ND (fourth generation Miata) replaces a former NC Power Retractible Hardtop and is my 7th Miata.

I was fortunate enough to secure a RF Launch Edition pre-order reservation and anticipate delivery late this year or early next.
I look forward to returning to the power retractible hardtop convenience and security.

You might want to test drive a soft top Miata when you have an opportunity.
My understanding is that they drive about the same and you'll know whether you want to move forward once RFs are in dealer stock.

My MX-5 is a Launch Edition Grand Touring, the first 2016 delivered in Austin.
I love it ... with a total of over 13,500 miles since its July 2015 delivery.
Very lively driving dynamics and loads of fun.

I take frequent hill country drives alone or with Miata Club friends.
As a matter of fact, I'm joining the Miata Club for a long run tomorrow.

The ND (fourth generation Miata) replaces a former NC Power Retractible Hardtop and is my 7th Miata.

I was fortunate enough to secure a RF Launch Edition pre-order reservation and anticipate delivery late this year or early next.
I look forward to returning to the power retractible hardtop convenience and security.

You might want to test drive a soft top Miata when you have an opportunity.
My understanding is that they drive about the same and you'll know whether you want to move forward once RFs are in dealer stock.
Thank you, I would be pulling the trigger late last year as I want car play in my next vehicle and I am hoping it's added by then. Congrats on being able to get in on the launch addition, I know it's a bit before you have it, but would love to hear a comparison when it arrives. Anyway since this is a CX 9 thread how do you feel Mazda has done with offering its first true premium SUV?

So far, so good.

Not related to this thread but am just curious on the reliability so far on your cx9 considering the mileage put in...thanks

So with 2.5 weeks to go before I hit the 1 year anniversary of ownership, I'm at 23,000 miles!

Reliability has been great.

I had a surge issue where engine was surging when stopped "rrrrrrr, rrrrrrr, rrrrrrr."
It happened twice in one day, again about a week later and NOTHING since.
Could have been a dirty sensor or some transient issue. Dealer found no problems/codes.

The other issue was a squeak in the rear suspension, to the point I could hear it in the drivers seat while driving.
They checked rear suspension, identified a squeaky spring bushing, inspected, lubed bushing per Mazda procedure, been fine since.

During last oil change they checked the "rear strut or hatch bolts."
I cannot recall which exactly, and I don't have the work order in front of me.
I think this was a Technical Service Bulletin item but I didn't find it listed online. Might be new.
I have had NO issues with rear hatch and use the auto opening feature ALL the time.
I've done a lot of camping and we are in/out of the rear hatch a lot over the course of those trips, sometimes 10-12 times a day as we use the rear of the vehicle for secure supply storage.

I'm 6'6" and have long legs.
When I would rest my knees against the center console or door panel, they would initially squeak.
I attempted to find the squeaky spots and use a little dry silicone lube, but was never able to locate the spots, they must be interior surfaces of the door and console panels. Anyway, the squeaks went away after a few months.

There have been no other issues, everything else is as tight and solid as the day I bought it.
I get around 20.6mpg combined mileage in most driving, that is because I drive with a very heavy foot. ;)
I have had trips where I've gotten as high as 27.4 with mixed slow driving on back roads.
Long highway trips are closer to 25.5, again because I think "65mph" is a suggestion and not a limit.

Back