Determining my Infotainment options

xilience

:
2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
Hey all! First time buyer of a Mazda and loving it so far. Picked up a '15 Mazda6 GT last week.

Having a few issues so I'm going to bring it back to the dealer. Power sockets don't work, and there is sitting water in the spare tire area. However, I was hoping you guys might be able to help me figure out if there's an upgrade for the infotainment system. I have one with TomTom (NB1), and it feels slow and outdated.

I couldn't find a screen with any version info outside of the nav section. I've attached a picture to show the version there. The App version has a date in it (5/30/2016) so that is pretty recent unfortunately.

From the bits and pieces I've been reading, it seems the TomTom NB1 system is completely different from the standard Mazda Infotainment system. Is there a way to switch to the other one? I'd love to be able to possibly get CarPlay or something similar working on there, or be able to run the tweaks that I've seen on the mazda3revolution forums.

Thanks!

Mazda NB1.jpg

I also have a 2015 Mazda six GT with the technology package. I replaced the entire Mazda system with a Kenwood Excelon DNX 893S. Now I have Garmin navigation, I have android auto which I use, and car play for IOS is also available I have all the options Maza didn't think of and a decent nav system

You had the TomTom NB1 system? Were you able to maintain steering wheel controls? How about backup camera functionality?

I used the PAC Audio MZ11-RP4 integrator. I retained all of my steering wheel controls and PAC proved a converter to let me use the factory camera with the Kenwood

Back