Looking for shocks for a second gen. Maybe HD stock height springs?

ruby.w

:
too numerous to name...
I have a 2013 MZ5 with 39k on it and a MS3 rear sway on the way, and it feels like the rear shocks are not damping enough. There's bounciness in the back especially when I have any kind of weight back there.

I'm not interested in lowering it any, the ground clearance is low enough as it is and I'd start scraping around here if it was any lower. I would like some advice on a good performance shock that will work with the stock ride height...I'd do the rears first as they seem to need the most help, and probably follow up with the fronts next year. I've had good luck with Koni yellows in the past, but never on a relatively softly sprung MPV...what do people think? I've seen mention of compatibility with Volvo V50 (I think) rear shocks, is that right?

I'm also thinking about heavier duty springs with the same height, I get a fair amount of squat in the rear with anything back there. Any ideas? I'm not wild about coilovers (bad experience there) but if there's something that works really well...

Suspension tuning is still a bit of a dark art to me. Thanks!

Ruby
2013 Mazda5 6mt

For the rear springs; maybe a sport spring (which would have a higher spring rate) with some sort of spacer to offset the lower height? Not sure if such a spacer exists out there for us.

Back