Tire/Trim detailing, leather care recommdations for 2016 GT

ccac0303

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD
New to the forum. I'm looking for some products in autozone which does a decent job to detail tire/trim (waxing) and leather care( probably spary and wipe off). Does any of you have any recommendations on what products I should get. Honestly, it does not have to be fancy.

I can't say exactly what autozone is going to offer in stock but some Over the Counter products (OTC) that I've found work quite well are:

Trim/dash: Aerospace 303 protectant, great product, gets rave reviews on all the detailing forums and is becoming more popular. I also like and have used Meguiars Natural shine protectant, very similar to 303. Other good ones that I have not personally used, but have heard good things about is Meguairs ultimate protectant and Mothers VLR.

Tires: I like Meguiars Endurance tire gel. I prefer gels to spray with the wipe on method. VLR will also work for the rubber

Leather: 303, Natural shine, VLR and ultimate will all work for the leather but recently I have been using Meguiars Ultimate leather balm which is amazing. Leaves the leather so soft feeling and has a nice sheen and pleasant odor.

For cleaning I use Meguiars all purpose cleaner D101 diluted to about 8:1 or I just use Optimum Leather protectant Plus which has some light cleaners in it.

Generally I try to stay away from Armor All and Turtle Wax products. I prefer Meguiars and Mothers. I believe Autozone also carries Adams or groits products which are also very good.

I use VLR on the interior (it smells nice) and Hyper Dressing on tires and outer trim. It can be used on interior too, but it smells a bit too grape-like for me... HD is water based so won't last as along as a silicone product, but you also won't have to scrub brown stuff off the tires or worry about getting it on the paint.

I've used that Aerospace on my outside hot tub covers for 20 years... works great. That is good stuff.

Good heads up ... "Meguiars Ultimate leather balm" ... I'd like to try that out.

I can't say exactly what autozone is going to offer in stock but some Over the Counter products (OTC) that I've found work quite well are:

Trim/dash: Aerospace 303 protectant, great product, gets rave reviews on all the detailing forums and is becoming more popular. I also like and have used Meguiars Natural shine protectant, very similar to 303. Other good ones that I have not personally used, but have heard good things about is Meguairs ultimate protectant and Mothers VLR.

Tires: I like Meguiars Endurance tire gel. I prefer gels to spray with the wipe on method. VLR will also work for the rubber

Leather: 303, Natural shine, VLR and ultimate will all work for the leather but recently I have been using Meguiars Ultimate leather balm which is amazing. Leaves the leather so soft feeling and has a nice sheen and pleasant odor.

For cleaning I use Meguiars all purpose cleaner D101 diluted to about 8:1 or I just use Optimum Leather protectant Plus which has some light cleaners in it.

Generally I try to stay away from Armor All and Turtle Wax products. I prefer Meguiars and Mothers. I believe Autozone also carries Adams or groits products which are also very good.

I don't really buy OTC products for my cars. I find the boutique products to be a tad bit more expensive BUT a better value. I use less of it and they provide better results and protection lasts longer too. Easier to work with as well. That said I purchased my Aerospace 303 protectant at Cabela's locally in the boating section. I use it on car vinyl as well as my 100% leather sofa/couch, shoes, and jacket.

I don't really buy OTC products for my cars. I find the boutique products to be a tad bit more expensive BUT a better value. I use less of it and they provide better results and protection lasts longer too. Easier to work with as well. That said I purchased my Aerospace 303 protectant at Cabela's locally in the boating section. I use it on car vinyl as well as my 100% leather sofa/couch, shoes, and jacket.

Generally I agree with you but there are a few gems to be found OTC. Meguiars Ultimate leather balm is one of them. Megs Ultimate compound and polish is also very nice and much easier to find locally then the M105/205 combo. And of course 303.

Generally I agree with you but there are a few gems to be found OTC. Meguiars Ultimate leather balm is one of them. Megs Ultimate compound and polish is also very nice and much easier to find locally then the M105/205 combo. And of course 303.

Meguiars gets street cred from the botique crowd though......I can't believe I just said street cred for detailing products lol!!!

Vinylex for vinyl. It is a cleaned and protectant - been around for a long time. Lexol for leather - again been around for a long time and found almost anywhere.

For our CX-5's, most people might not spend this kind of cash, but: Check out Griot's Garage. I've been using their leather care and rubber care products (among others) for a long time.

Back