All-New 2017 Mazda CX-5 to Premiere at Los Angeles Auto Show

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD
http://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/press-release/2017-mazda-cx-5-to-premiere-at-los-angeles-auto-show/

HIROSHIMA, Japan Mazda Motor Corporation announced today that the all-new 2017 Mazda CX-5 will make its world premiere at the Los Angeles Auto Show, open to the public November 18-27. Mazda will hold a press conference at 12:50 p.m. on November 16, the first of two press days.

With the all-new CX-5 crossover SUV, Mazda has further refined every element of its design and technology to offer new dimensions of driving pleasure. Taking the KODOSoul of Motion design concept to a new level, the company has honed the cars beauty, imparting a powerful combination of sophistication and strength.

Just wondering how soon we can purchase the new model at dealership? Any estimates?

Two years ago when they upgraded, the new version was shown at the LA car show in November and was available at dealers at the end of Feb.

isn't it a bit late to call it a 2017? i'm surprised they bothered to make the 16.5 changes if they will have a new car available in early 17

Great news Chris_Top_Her, there will a model available especially for you: "SKYACTIV-G 2.5T (direct-injection turbocharged gasoline engine)" Mazda probably read about your efforts and decided that you had an excellent idea!!!

BildAuto here in Germany says it will be very evolutionary as far as looks go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read a few other articles about it being at the show (some new ones posted this week), and none of them say the 2.5t will be in the CX5.
One in particular stated the 3 engines will be on display for comparison, and probably not being added to the CX5.
That said, I'm still crossing my fingers it will. It will be a fight with the wife to trade in a 1.5 year old model for the new one, but I would be willing to make concessions. :)

This news has been discussed since April 1st, 2016. I wouldn't call it "all-new" like 2nd-gen CX-9 as the powertrain is still the same other than adding optional 2.5L turbo which is in new CX-9 already. Personally I believe this 2nd-gen CX-5 will follow new CX-9, be previewed at Novembers Los Angeles Auto Show and be available for sale as 2017 MY in late spring / early summer of 2017.

2nd Gen Mazda CX-5 Could Be Seen in 2016 LA Auto Show!?

All-New 2017 Mazda CX-5 To Be Previewed At Novembers Los Angeles Auto Show?

This news has been discussed since April 1st, 2016. I wouldn't call it "all-new" like 2nd-gen CX-9 as the powertrain is still the same other than adding optional 2.5L turbo which is in new CX-9 already. Personally I believe this 2nd-gen CX-5 will follow new CX-9, be previewed at November’s Los Angeles Auto Show and be available for sale as 2017 MY in late spring / early summer of 2017.

2nd Gen Mazda CX-5 Could Be Seen in 2016 LA Auto Show!?

All-New 2017 Mazda CX-5 To Be Previewed At November’s Los Angeles Auto Show?

Rumors have been out there since April, but this morning was the official press announcement from Mazda regarding the press conference

(yippy)(drinks)

Official announcement, heck yes. GF jokingly said, "November 18th? Let's go (We are off that weekend)".

All-new-CX-5_teaser-image-2-1024x411.jpg

2017-Mazda-CX-3-side-view-alloy-wheels.jpg

Looks kinda of like a bigger version of the 2017 CX-3 (styling-wise).

^^ No way, that can't be it... it's way too small on the ass end! Ugh, I really hope that's not it...

Just give me a manual tranny with more high-end features!

^^ No way, that can't be it... it's way too small on the ass end! Ugh, I really hope that's not it...

Just give me a manual tranny with more high-end features!

The bottom image is a cx-3.

Back