Lean Under Boost

bWiLKINS

PS!
Banned
Potential Scammer!
:
2003 MSP
So my 03 MSP is leaning out under boost, I have a wideband AF gauge and it goes all the way lean (lowest the gauge will read is 10) when it is under boost or hard acceleration. I have not really done any diagnosis at all so far, was looking to see if anyone had this issue before I waste a bunch of time checking stuff. Fuel supply issue? Do I need an SSAFC? It runs perfectly other than the leaning out/lack of power under boost.

Any insight would be great, new to the car, have done a bunch of work to it so far and would like to get this last issue resolved.

Thanks.

I just realized I made a major typo here, what I meant was rich under boost. Obviously since the ratio is going down to 10:1. Maybe someone has messed with the fuel supply system (FPR, injectors, etc) in the past?

Thats completely normal for a MSP lol. The tune is pig rich around 8-10 afr under boost. The only way to fix this is to get a SSAFC or a full standalone.

Ok, thanks for the info guys. Yes it feels like it bogs big time mid-range RPM, no wonder. I'll be ordering an SSAFC for it ASAP.

A lot of people think this was done as a way to mask the marginal (at best) motor for this setup

Back