Apple Carplay and Firmware Update

cx516

:
Mazda CX-5
hi all
i contact mazda Customer service for these 2 things carplay and firmware for infotainment system

here is the Email

Service Request Number 1-364860343

Dear Abdulaziz,

Thank you for contacting Mazda Customer Experience Center.

With regards to your inquiry of when Apple Car play and soft ware will be available for your CX-5. Mazda at this time hasn't provided an update of when the Apple car play will be available on the Mazda vehicles. Also with the software update toward the end of the year or early 2017 a software update will be available for US vehicles. I do apologize that we don't have actual dates of these two features.

If you have any questions in the future, you can reach me directly using the number and extension below.

Sincerely,
Javier
Representative, Customer Experience
Select Prompt 2, then Ext. 1156
[SR Number: 1-364860343]

hope this help anyone

thanks

It's more then just software so anyone with an infotainment system before 2017 will most likely be screwed. Every manufacturer that has added car play has changed thier hardware to accommodate this feature at the same time.

Why do you say that?

It's more then just software so anyone with an infotainment system before 2017 will most likely be screwed. Every manufacturer that has added car play has changed thier hardware to accommodate this feature at the same time.

What hardware would be needed for a software update to read and access the USB to your source (iPhone/Android) so it can display the CarPlay app??

What hardware would be needed for a software update to read and access the USB to your source (iPhone/Android) so it can display the CarPlay app??

you would be surprised. the 2016 Honda Pilot actually runs a native android system but guess what, NO ANDROID AUTO. or apple car play.
but the 2017, got it. it was something hardware. just as Heritage07 mentioned.

it seems easy but there is SOMETHING that is required.

You can see this too
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...lay-vehicles-still-no-CX-5-even-upcoming-2017

i would think Apple wouldve listed the cx5 or cx9.

basically dont hold your breath

Back