Please help! No throttle pedal pressure after deleting cruise control!

datmazda

:
2001 Mazda Protege ES
Hello all, so today i figured I would take the Cruise Control out of my car. I've done it on other cars before, simple procedure. Cut line to pedal, plug vacuum to manifold. So I did both, go to turn my car on and my rpms jump to 3500... thank god it wasnt cold... instantly turn the car off and think to check the pedal, sure enough i can press the pedal up a few millimeters and it holds idle. What could I have possibly just f***ed up guys, please help me in any way.

Also forgot to say that the pedal will stay up once i push it up, but once its pressed down itll press the throttle to 3000-3500.

Double check everything. Make sure there are no vac leaks. Check the throttle cable routing, and if anything is conflicting with the throttle body's movement.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ive checked everything. i just cut the cable leading to the pedal, should i fully reemove it?

Yeah, but it was about 5 years ago. I can't really remember. I think I cut it from inside the car, and pulled it through from the engine bay.

There is also the cruise control arm attached to the gas pedal assembly. I just zip tied it so it doesn't move around.

hey man, got it all sorted out! i straight up ripped the damn cable out from the inside of the car and it worked out pretty well! thanks again :)

Back