Help! looking for Brake shim/anti rattle clip/hardware kit

v_tofu

Hi All,

So, 2008 mazda 5, replaced rear rotors and pads. Unfortunately the thing is rattling like crazy! Old pads had no shims, new pads are from Amazon that apparently didn't come with them. Anyone have a part #? Looking everywhere and I can't find nothing!! (doughpoke

thanks.

What brand of pads did you get? Most half decent pads now-a-days come with shims prebuilt (riveted or glued on). I'd say return those and get a set that comes with shims. One good thing about these ATE brakes is they are simple in terms of components. There really isn't much involved. I would also highly recommend cleaning the slider pins and replacing the boots. Boots are cheap and easy to replace. A quality grease will go a long way too.

If its not on rockauto.com, you are at the mercy of the dealership.

It is for my rear brakes. Basically I bought these off Amazon, but it does not have that little butterfly clip thingy at the top. I was told I need that, but unfortunately everywhere else I look they sell it with the pad, and by itself. I might just bite the bullet and get new pads WITH this clip. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00NGYVLNC/

The last picture shows the clip at the top of the brake pad

41VPYJSmdrL.jpg

Interesting, I used this brand and was ok but on a different car with good results.
Too bad about the clip, I have not done the rears yet, so can't tell you from experience, sorry.

Thanks for the help everyone.

I called Mazda as well as the company I got the brakes from and believe the rattling is due to an improper installation. Most likely the inner and outer brakepads have been switched around. I'll call again to confirm, but man this is frustrating.

Back