Use new headlights on old mazda cx5

:
Mazda cx5 2013
Just a quick question if you have any clue if this will work, would i be able to use the new mazda cx5 headlights with the led's on my old mazda cx5 2013?

Just a quick question if you have any clue if this will work, would i be able to use the new mazda cx5 headlights with the led's on my old mazda cx5 2013?
No!

You can fit the very expensive LED headlights in but you need modify wiring and connectors. And the AFS function comes with LED headlights is almost impossible to make it work!

No!

You can fit the very expensive LED headlights in but you need modify wiring and connectors. And the AFS function comes with LED headlights is almost impossible to make it work!

aw shame i got in a car accident and thought of changing them as well.. thanks for the reply m8

i see some aftermarket headlight like the new one style its fit dierct without modify anything and its cheaper than the original

s-l1600.jpg

heres the link

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

i see some aftermarket headlight like the new one style its fit dierct without modify anything and its cheaper than the original

s-l1600.jpg

heres the link

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
These're definitely a good option to replace the original damaged headlights. But these headlights only look like the 2016 OEM LED headlights. They can only be installed either halogen or xenon bulbs at low beams and halogen bulbs at high beams. And I'm not sure how you can switch DRL function from high beams to these LED strips. These LED strips could be serve only as the parking lights.

These're definitely a good option to replace the original damaged headlights. But these headlights only look like the 2016 OEM LED headlights. They can only be installed either halogen or xenon bulbs at low beams and halogen bulbs at high beams. And I'm not sure how you can switch DRL function from high beams to these LED strips. These LED strips could be serve only as the parking lights.

i ask the dealer about the led strips does it work when you lower the handbreak he answer yes its work like the original daytime light.

i ask the dealer about the led strips does it work when you lower the handbreak he answer yes its work like the original daytime light.
I was talking about the LED strips on the aftermarket 2016-LED-look-like-headlights you posted above. Mazda dealers would have no clues on how these aftermarket headlights work! The problem on "moving" the high-beam DRLs to these aftermarket LED strips is Mazda uses DRL control module to lower the voltage of the high-beam H11 / 9005 single filament bulbs acting as the dim DRLs. You have one single wire set which also serves as high-beam and you can't simply splice it to power those aftermarket LED strips as DRLs. This would always be a problem to mod those LED strips functioning as DRLs!

I was talking about the LED strips on the aftermarket 2016-LED-look-like-headlights you posted above. Mazda dealers would have no clues on how these aftermarket headlights work! The problem on "moving" the high-beam DRLs to these aftermarket LED strips is Mazda uses DRL control module to lower the voltage of the high-beam H11 / 9005 single filament bulbs acting as the dim DRLs. You have one single wire set which also serves as high-beam and you can't simply splice it to power those aftermarket LED strips as DRLs. This would always be a problem to mod those LED strips functioning as DRLs!

i know what you mean but they say in the description plug and play and i think they make it ok with the wires and the voltage and they give you warranty 1 year! iam searching for a video of this product and i cant find anything alot of photos i see its work like the oem.

Last edited:
Good luck getting any decent light output from eBay off-brand aftermarket headlights... (Unless you retrofit them). I assure you, the OEM halogen projectors will outperform them BY FAR.

Only way to know is someone has to be the Guinea pig and spend the $$$, do the R&R, then report test results.

i know what you mean but they say in the description plug and play and i think they make it ok with the wires and the voltage and they give you warranty 1 year! iam searching for a video of this product and i cant find anything alot of photos i see its work like the oem.
You should know these imitations are not LED headlights like OEM, they can only be fitted with halogen or xenon bulbs. You need to pay extra to get either halogen bulbs or xenon bulbs、igniters、and mod wires and from this point of view they're not plug-and-play! You should ask e-Bay seller in detail that how they would "move" the DRL function from high-beams to LED strips unless they somehow know how to hack the DRL control module and add an additional 12V DRL signal line out of it! There's no way they can have a custom-made build-in circuitry which can distinguish the different voltage to provide both DRL and high-beam supports simultaneously! (whistle)

Back