Turbo sound?

Javi92

:
Mazdaspeed3
So I just went through hell with my ms3. First a rod goes through at 72k. I took it to a mazda dealer to try to get some help and they said they possibly could if they find that the issue wasn't my fault. So I take in the car not only was I denied but they also charge me to inspect it(they couldn't find the issue, and it wasn't oil starvation). So I bought a donor engine.😒 The good thing is the previous car only had 32k. We installed the engine and now when it's started there's backfire for about 10 seconds but then it goes away to normal. I took it for a drive and it feels like new; only one more thing.... I don't remember hearing my turbo swish when acceleration. It's sounds like the turbo spooling but i never heard it on my other engine. Is that normal for other ms3s??

Backfire? At idle on startup? What do you mean by "backfire"? Does this engine have the stock turbo bypass valve (bpv) or has it had a vent to air blow off valve (bov) substituted?

As to "turbo sound" describe better. Does this engine have a different intake or is it stock?

Back