Fitting Spot Lights Below the CX-5 Radiator

Went with the 22" but a 28" would've fit. Same brackets to the radiator support. It's basically like they were meant to be installed there.
e870525a61223fb6ac34cacb29852e61.jpg
5b02a1c7b4d44a3476588a726e765aed.jpg

Further review by me thinks a skinny curved light bar that follows the roof line somewhat that is forward or at the front edge of the sun roof but mounts to the roof rack I don't own, somehow would look factory. Prices on these light bars are all over the map from $100-$1000+.
I think the light set up off the jeep liberty would look sweet if done up on a AWD cx5 that was truly used in the back country roads

Hmmm....let me ask you about philosophy of use. Where do you drive that the light will be used and why did you mount it?

Here is why I ask, the vehicle code where I live is fairly specific. A fog light must be wired so that it only works on low beam, when you switch to high beam they must shut off. For a driving light, can only work on high beam. My Xterra has this set up. Also, you can only have 4 forward lights in operation(marker lights excluded) at any one time. So I am wondering, if I read your post correctly, it is not wired into your dimmer switch because of the DRL and is operated from a separate switch.

I'm looking at the addition of the lightbar as a supplement to my high beams, I already have the factory led fogs on the '17. Sounds like it can't be wired correctly, meaning legally. Not suggesting that your set up is not legal, but when it is used could be problematic.The most my vehicle may ever get to going off road is fire and logging roads in the highlands of PA. As I have mentioned in a variety of threads, I drive a lot at night, out in deer and coyote country. Supplemental lighting on my vehicle is something I almost always add to them. Another thought I had was, do the individual bulbs working in concert count as 1 lamp each or does the whole bar count as 1 lamp? My thought is, the lightbar must be wired into the dimmer for me to use on high beam.

Back