Fitting Spot Lights Below the CX-5 Radiator

kiln

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 2.0L Dynamic Skyactive
Wanted to find out if anyone has fitted or used the two available holes below the front radiator for rectangular spot lights? The holes are the perfect fit for M10 bolts, not sure about the structural integrity of the plastic columns, though it seems strong enough to mount the radiator in. These holes are visible if one looks in at the radiator below the licence plate area.

Wanted to find out if anyone has fitted or used the two available holes below the front radiator for rectangular spot lights? The holes are the perfect fit for M10 bolts, not sure about the structural integrity of the plastic columns, though it seems strong enough to mount the radiator in. These holes are visible if one looks in at the radiator below the licence plate area.

Sounds like a good project to document as a "how-to".

Will do a write-up in due coarse, please be patient, waiting for wiring harness to arrive.
In the meantime: Does anyone know or have a short instructable to connect the "switch" of such a harness to the headlight relay so that the spots can be switched on when the headlights are switched on? Ideally another dead man switch could be connected to control from within the vehicle as well......

Why not replace the fog lights, with some HID projectors? It has to be a custom work, but would look stock.
I have 4 HIDs, right now.

I have picked up, some cheap projectors from Amazon and modified the factory brackets, to be able to install these. I had to add some spacers(tubes), little bracket arms and heavily modify the factory brackets, to be able to mount them.

Love your lights and was thinking about doing the same. Do you have a write up or "how-to" on this install? Thanks

It's been awhile since I installed it so I might not have like exact sizes of what I used but I could give you a rough idea of how I did it.

calebian21, What happened to to lower part of your bumper? Did the heat from your lightbar cause the deformation?

Last edited:
shrimpsiumai, What happened to to lower part of your bumper? Did the heat from your lightbar cause the deformation?

No, the light bar dissipates it's heat on the back side. The warping was due to Snowmageddeon this past winter. Driving through 2 feet or more of snow and then it getting packed hard and forming ice.

No, the light bar dissipates it's heat on the back side. The warping was due to Snowmageddeon this past winter. Driving through 2 feet or more of snow and then it getting packed hard and forming ice.

Thanks for the reassurance calebian21, appreciate the feedback. I will post pictures of my install hopefully during or after the upcoming weekend.....

Back