GI - Replacement custom key fob housings - 41846 and 41704

Hi all, both of my key fob ring loops broke a few years after buying my protege5, and since I have a 3d printer I decided to do some fairly extensive design work to model up some replacements.

I currently have yellow, red, black, and green plastic I can print fobs with. I could get other colors if demand was high enough. I've had one of these on my keychain for several months now with no problems. Two notes: these are likely not water resistant (not sure if the original was either), and as you can see in the pic are not geometrically identical to the original fob. Again, I've had one of these on my key chain for 5 months now with no problems.

My car is a Protege5, but these should work for any car that uses the 41846 and 41704 fob part numbers. If I were to sell these for, lets say $15 shipped, would there be any interest? I'm new to the forum and want to determine if it is worth putting in an Approved Merchant Member application. Please see picture link at the bottom of the post.

Please let me know if one of these strikes your fancy. I will not sell any of these until I get the AMM approval. Thanks!

http://imgur.com/gallery/Oz4fC

fobs.jpg

Last edited:
Depends - putting your name/initials on it would be pretty easy, a more intricate logo would require design time and likely increase cost to something... unreasonable.

Good to know. That's not really my style anyway. I was just putting that out there incase anyone else was wondering.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

That's pretty cool. I bought some replacement shells for my fobs on ebay for about $5.

Back