Aftermarket LED DRL's ('12-'15)

What a noob I am. This thread already exists...

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123831335-LED-Daytime-Running-Lights

I didn't see an option to delete so, sorry for the redundant thread!
Just as a note, seeing that video - the "dim" function on those DRLs isn't going to be road legal in the USA. They won't comply with lighting requirements as a DRL in that state, and you can't overlay DRL and "parking" lamp functionality onto a single light source and call them DRL/parking lights - the only function that it's legal to combine a DRL with is an (amber) turn signal. You'd want to wire them to go full-off when the parking lamp circuit engages (and possibly when the handbrake is engaged, but that's not a legal requirement and honestly I dislike doing it that way as your DRLs flash off and on when you use your handbrake on the road).

Ruby

Last edited:
I looked into those DRLs, but took a different route. I bought some weatherproof halos off Amazon ($15 I believe). They were the same diameter as the OEM Fogs, so I surface mounted them with 3M tape and made my own wiring harness. I wish I would have wired it so they turn off when the low beam headlights turn on, but at the time I thought I'd want them off when the parking/running lights were switched on. I may change that eventually. Anyway, did the install around 6 months ago and had zero problems.
DRL%20Relay%20Wiring.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20161018_163717.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back