Fuel pump issues? Helppp!!!

amandajohn88

:
Mazda 3 2.0
I have a 2008 Mazda 3 2.0 sedan and I just had the fuel pump replaced about a month ago when it got replaced (by my brothers who are not so much mechanics) the gas gauge stopped working and my check engine light came on .. but the car started and was running fine except for a sound coming from the fuel pump area .. just yesterday my car wouldn't start and I notice when I turn the key in the ignition the electronic sound it usually makes isn't coming on anymore I really need your help as I can't find anyone else to help me all they say is idk you drive a Mazda and I don't know much about them ... :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recommend that you ask your brothers to trace their procedure and observations when replacing the fuel pump. Is the pump's connector loose? Is the fuel pump fuse okay? Are all connections to the gas gauge and fuel level sensor good?

If they are stumped, you may have to have a real mechanic take a look. I don't have a 2008 M3 service manual but I would think that an electric fuel pump would be fairly easy to replace. Still, it's usually a good idea to look over the procedure in the book before doing some DIY projects.

If you can borrow a OBD reader. You can connect it and see what engine code is causing your engine light to come on. Concept's idea is also ideal to isolate what's causing your Mazda not to start.

Back