CX5 new grill does it fit 2012-2014 model ?

:
2015 Mazda CX5 GT
hi guys ..(hi)

iam thinking to swap my cx5 grill to the new one style its looks good for the car facelift and i think its easy to clean when wash my car : )

1_2003.jpg

Yes it does fit. The front bumper valence (cover) is the same for all years. It's something I considered doing to my 2013, but decided it wouldn't make enough difference to justify the expense/effort. To my eye, the problem with the CX-5 grill is the proportions are a bit off. That's why they have kind of a "pinched mouth" look. Would have looked better if they had flattened out the grill as they did on the 3 and 6 models. BTW, I've seen the kit you're looking at on ebay and you can get the necessary components cheaper by shopping those part numbers with some of the online Mazda dealer parts departments.

If the '18 does indeed get the mesh grille it might make the '13-'15 with '16.x grille look older... not that a knowledgeable enthusiast would confuse a first gen with latest model but general public might.

2018-Mazda-CX-5-Carscoops-10.jpg

If the '18 does indeed get the mesh grille it might make the '13-'15 with '16.x grille look older...

Well they're all going to look dated, no matter what year. That's the point of bringing out a new model. Particularly one with a better proportioned grille as in this rendering.

Yes it does fit. The front bumper valence (cover) is the same for all years. It's something I considered doing to my 2013, but decided it wouldn't make enough difference to justify the expense/effort. To my eye, the problem with the CX-5 grill is the proportions are a bit off. That's why they have kind of a "pinched mouth" look. Would have looked better if they had flattened out the grill as they did on the 3 and 6 models. BTW, I've seen the kit you're looking at on ebay and you can get the necessary components cheaper by shopping those part numbers with some of the online Mazda dealer parts departments.

thanks for good info ،، the new grill cost around 212$ mazda dealer here in my country.

If the '18 does indeed get the mesh grille it might make the '13-'15 with '16.x grille look older... not that a knowledgeable enthusiast would confuse a first gen with latest model but general public might.

i agree with you but maybe they make the 2 gen all different in bumper.. screw.. etc.

thanks for good info ،، the new grill cost around 212$ mazda dealer here in my country.

i agree with you but maybe they make the 2 gen all different in bumper.. screw.. etc.

$212 is not bad at all, plus you can resell the old part and make some $ back... Or maybe paint the old one in the body color?

$212 is not bad at all, plus you can resell the old part and make some $ back... Or maybe paint the old one in the body color?

Don't count on it. Last time I looked on eBay there were several early grills listed with little or no action. Another partial fix is to taint the piano black portion (which never looked right to me) flat black to match the grill and the rest of the front end.

Don't count on it. Last time I looked on eBay there were several early grills listed with little or no action. Another partial fix is to taint the piano black portion (which never looked right to me) flat black to match the grill and the rest of the front end.

Agreed! I saw someone do that here and thought that it looked great. Not sure what Mazda was thinking with the Ultra Gloss Piano Black finish?

So does swapping out the grill on the 2012-2014 to the 2016 grill require a kit? I followed the Ebay link provided by Paris1 and looks like it's been removed from the site.

So does swapping out the grill on the 2012-2014 to the 2016 grill require a kit? I followed the Ebay link provided by Paris1 and looks like it's been removed from the site.

There are about half a dozen parts involved in addition to the grille itself. Used to be a few internet vendors around who sold a kit. Do a little Googling or try to find a knowledgeable, cooperative dealer parts dept who will set you up.

Back