2016 CX-9 Rear Cargo Area Nets

new one kinda works as well as a barrier like that. I have the net hooks closest to the hatch hooked up to their respective D-rings, and I have the bungie for top net hooks hooked up to the cargo hooks like you have on your pic. It works but it looks a bit sloppy since it's not folded in half like yours, and it has all that excess net slouched on the bottom. It works well for groceries and stuff though so I think I will keep them

I'm glad it worked out good for you. I'm happy with mine. Works well both unfolded and folded.

If you have purchased and installed the OEM cargo nets (center and/or side cubby nets), would you get them again? We are considering ordering them, but I'd appreciate some feedback before I place the order.

If you have purchased and installed the OEM cargo nets (center and/or side cubby nets), would you get them again? We are considering ordering them, but I'd appreciate some feedback before I place the order.

I'm reusing the center cargo net from my former CX-5s, but DID purchase and install the side cubby nets.
Though the side nets are more of a struggle to install (partial interior disassembly to secure some hook hardware), they definitely help utilize the space.
I secured detailing supplies (leather care, window cleaner, paint and interior spray, microfiber cloths, etc) on one side and a small "emergency" kit on the other.
I'd definitely do it again.

(Would take and post pics, but the vehicle is packed for a Thanksgiving trip later today.)

center ones are definitely worth it. ever since I got a car with one, all my subsequent cars I would order them. one good example is when you buy eggs from the grocery. without the nets, I'd have to put it in the passenger area on the floor so it doesn't fly around and break. with the nets, I put it under the net in the cargo area together will all my other groceries

side nets, I don't have one right now but I'm planning on picking one up. I have one on my audi and like Turborascal, I use it to store cleaners, sprays, rags, oil, etc..

I have the side ones and they're just ok. It's nice to toss a gallon of milk in the side cubbies and not worry about it. I'd really like them if they held smaller things, but I'm getting used to using the tray under the floor for that stuff. I wish they were more like the pocket ones I had in my forester. The install was such a pain for something I don't consider to be essential.

The center net definitely - it gets used all the time. Probably not the side nets - as ChemGirl noted, the installation is quite difficult, and if you aren't careful (e.g. don't read the directions carefully and really think about each step before you do it), you could break something or not have the end result look good. My wife likes them though....but she didn't have to install them!

We decided to order both nets despite the cons being noted. Mostly, we figure the back corner pockets (with the floor/covers in place) just don't seem very useful without nets to hold stuff in place. We figure to keep only the forward corners of the big net clipped until the net is needed to hold sports gear and the like. We actually use the shallow "trunk"--as Mazda actually calls it--all the time to hold grocery/shopping bags in place. They just arrived yesterday; I'll install them once I get a day off--in a week or so.

I got a good deal on the set from https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned). I haven't installed the side nets yet, but I love the center net. For anyone wondering about its capacity, I just did this yesterday:

attachment.php

It felt pretty close to the limit, but not like it was hurting anything. Much nicer than hearing stuff banging around in the back every time you go around a corner.

Attachments

• 2016-12-01-16.16.50.jpg
    2016-12-01-16.16.50.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 719
I finally installed the new beta in the back of the CX-9. So far I feel the results are mixed.

First, installing the side nets really was a pain in the neck. When we bought the car, the salesman had very little info about them, and I can understand why a dealer might want to pretend they don't exist. It's not DIY for most and takes a while--I bet labor-cost-prohibitive for a dealer throwing the nets in with a deal. I positioned the hooks exactly where the template dictated, but now I wish I had positioned them a little higher. If you want to pull out the cubbie covers under the net, they won't fit sliding beneath the hooks--without opening the trunk lid. Granted the nets are nice to have and hold things inside the cavities well, but the design and install could be better.

The large net is fine. We'll keep it clipped to the forward tie downs only when not in use. The trunk lid won't really open if the nets are clipped at the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back