Potential New Mazda Owner - Looking for Advice on Mazda6

iamspartacus

:
TBD
Hey all,

I'm a current (well former since I just totaled it) '08 Honda Civic coupe owner looking to purchase a new car in the next 2-3 weeks once I close on a new house on the 17th (yea, a lot going on at once!). I've always been curious about Mazda and I have to say that I've pretty much fallen in love with the Mazda 6. It's a beautiful car and I'm really anxious to pick something up that's more fun to drive as I drive 80 miles round trip every day to and from work.

My main dillemna right now is the decision between buying a CPO 2014/2015 (Touring or GT) with 24-30k miles for roughly $17k or go new (Touring) for roughly $10k more. I'm usually the type to buy a CPO because I don't like paying the steep first/second year depreciation tax and I obviously have a lot of money flying out the bank at once right now. However, of course Mazda decided to refresh the interior/technology features of the Mazda6 in 2016 so I'd be missing out on a lot of those features going CPO.

Really just looking for feedback from other who own or know a lot more about the differences between the 2014/2015 and the 2016/2017's that can help sway me in one direction or another. From some of the threads I've been reading it seems like there's a really good community here that I'm anxious to become a part of.

I bought my 2016 GT the summer of 2015. I waited for the 2016 model because of the interior upgrades and extra sound insulation. I also really like the look of the dark wheels on the GT with my sonic silver body color. Some of the LED lighting upgrades are cool too. I've got 14k miles on mine now and do not regret my purchase ever. I'm still impressed with the car and think it is a great buy for the money. BTW, I paid $28.5k out the door for my 2016 GT. That includes all taxes, fees, plate etc.

On certain road surface types the tires can make some noise but I think that will be resolved once I replace them. But, at 14k miles they still are in great shape.

I would have bought a CPO 6 but I'm very particular about my cars and all the ones I found in my area were pretty rough (dings, dents, major paint flaws). So I went with a new '16 Sport and I LOVE it. Fun to drive yet still practical for my family and I.

Hey there, I own a 15 Mazda 6 Touring M/T with 25k miles on it, love the car as a daily driver. The only thing I'll recommend is if you buy CPO, make sure you don't go with the factory tires when it's time to change them out, they are pretty junk, on my car 2 of my tires are already close to going bald, so look elsewhere when it comes time to replace your tires.

I recently went for a new 2016 touring.like you, I had always bought used before, but really liked the new flatscreen, electronic parking brake, and found the color combo I was looking for- meteor gray with tan leather. Got it for $22 which I thought was good since CarMax was showing me 2015 sport versions for $19.

Back