Speaker wiring question! help!

ICEE

:
03 Protege5 / 90 Miata
Hey guys and gals, quick question.
so some months ago my factory sub went out. i never got a new one cause of the price. i figured i would just get an aftermarket for more power. but recently i actually had more than one other person in my car ( i have no friends :( ) so of course my rear seat was used and they told me my left speaker was out back there. i never noticed this. Before replacing them both i was thinking, because of the way the wiring for the sub seems to route (towards the left side of the car), is there a possible way that the sub is wired with the rear left speaker? can that be the reason the sub went out? it has power but no sound at all not even crackling like its blown. do you think my wiring came loose for the rear left speaker and thats why the sub and speaker doesn't work? im not sure how its wired so that's why im asking before i spend money replacing them. so does anyone know how the speakers are wired when it comes to this? also i had all four door speakers replaced with aftermarkets when i got the car

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

Back