Auto on/off headlights

trippme

:
CX-5
I have searched all over the place and still haven't found a solid answer to this question: Can I install an upgrade to my CX-5 Sport headlights to have them auto off/on?

There are more than a few threads with this question asked and they all seem to end in a debate about whether you already have it in. My car does not. There is NO "Auto" on the light switch/stick.

In my VW Jetta, I was able to get a new switch that had a light sensor wired to it and it works great. Does anyone know of this type of thing for the Mazda?

TIA
Tripp

I'm not trying to be mean.... Have you called a Mazda Dealer to see if it's doable?

... In my VW Jetta, I was able to get a new switch that had a light sensor wired to it and it works great. Does anyone know of this type of thing for the Mazda?
Auto on/off headlights on Mazda CX-5 use rain-sensing wiper infrared sensor as the light sensor. That's why it only comes with the GT with both features together. If you want exactly the same auto on/off headlights system from factory, you'd need not only the rain sensor、a new headlight switch、rain-sensing wipers system、a new wiper switch, but also a new windshield which has a slot to mount the sensor! This simply means you're looking for a monumental task with very high cost, which makes your desire of having auto on/off headlights almost impossible! That's why I always urge people getting all features you want at first place, such as LED headlights with AFS, or you'd be regret not to have it, and trying to retrofit it most of time is very difficult and costly!

Back