Strut build help

MAKV

:
2002 Protege5
Hey guys,
fairly green when it comes to car repairs. Looked through these forums and the repair manual. I just got my p5 last year about 120k miles and failed safety check due to my rear suspension having coilovers, and yes only my rear. I got two ways to go, get Hawaii recon then safety, or replace with springs. Which I have already bought new springs, boot and bellow from autozone. KYB struts from Napa. I also ordered spring insulator, strut mounts, and stabilizer bar links from rock auto.
So I already have tried to assemble a brand new strut. After I compressed the springs, placed the boot and bellow the top seat and mount does not allow the threaded end of the strut to be bolted down. If you guys need pictures or more info please let me know. I had my front struts only changed when i first got the car and the guy who helped me then isn't able to now.

Thanks in advance!

Napa:
KYB struts (333276 Rear right) (333277 Rear left)

Rock auto:
Monroe strut mount 904994 (Rear right) 904995 (rear left)
Monroe insulator 905961 (rear lower)
Stabilizer link (3327101)

Autozone:
KYB boot and bellow (SB102)

Duralast coil sring (CS81109)

I am not sure I am understanding how it does not "allow" it to be bolted. Do you have the nut threaded on and the strut piston rod is spinning while you try to tighten it?

I am not sure I am understanding how it does not "allow" it to be bolted. Do you have the nut threaded on and the strut piston rod is spinning while you try to tighten it?

Sorry, having a hard time describe the situation. the strut's shaft does not stick through the strut mount so i can tighten the nut. It does not expose the threads. I can provide pictures as soon as i get home.

The shaft might just be pushed in to the strut a little try to grab the silver shaft and pull it out it might be kinda tight and you have to turn it while pulling but could be your problem also make sure you have the notch lined up.

Back