4 Camera 360 Birds Eye view

meldxb

:
Mazda CX5 GS
Would be awesome if the CX5 introduced the 4 camera Birds Eye view in future like the Toyota RAV4 & Nissan Murano. It is a innovative tech addition although not essential but worthwhile.

Just wiping the rear camera after rain/snow is tedious enough, as long as I won't have to clean all 4 cameras. Anyone knows how well Nissan's self-cleaning system works (http://www.carscoops.com/2013/06/nissan-debuts-intelligent-self-cleaning.html)?

But frankly the sideview mirrors are almost good enough to cover the two sides, the rear camera is wide-angle. I don't think the bird's eye view is much of an improvement, just more things to break down and repair costs.

Just wiping the rear camera after rain/snow is tedious enough, as long as I won't have to clean all 4 cameras. Anyone knows how well Nissan's self-cleaning system works (http://www.carscoops.com/2013/06/nissan-debuts-intelligent-self-cleaning.html)?

But frankly the sideview mirrors are almost good enough to cover the two sides, the rear camera is wide-angle. I don't think the bird's eye view is much of an improvement, just more things to break down and repair costs.

Agree, didnt think about the repair in case of damage or malfunction. I used to worry about vandalism to the rear camera on my CX5 but now I see it as a standard feature on many cars.

Just give me a damn downward tilting side view mirror so I don't fk up my wheels when I parallel park. That's all I ask for. I almost lol'd when the guy giving me my new car orientation told me the mirrors didn't tilt down.

I find this very convenient.

42eab6136aeca8002ca0d99727599873.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For side parking view just get a 2 inch stick on moon blind spot camera and you can see the curb.

Just give me a damn downward tilting side view mirror so I don't fk up my wheels when I parallel park. That's all I ask for. I almost lol'd when the guy giving me my new car orientation told me the mirrors didn't tilt down.
Agreed! Like 8-way power seat, more luxurious CX-9 used to have this feature but was taking away on new 2nd-gen CX-9! I've seen this feature on CX-5 in Taiwan so this's another "penny wise, pound foolish" decision made by Mazda North American Operations against US ustomers. :(

Agreed! Like 8-way power seat, more luxurious CX-9 used to have this feature but was taking away on new 2nd-gen CX-9! I've seen this feature on CX-5 in Taiwan so this's another "penny wise, pound foolish" decision made by Mazda North American Operations against US ustomers. :(

Wonder if it can be retrofitted.

Auto Tilt-Down Passenger-side Outside Rearview Mirror

Wonder if it can be retrofitted.
I believe this auto tilt-down feature on passenger-side outside rearview mirror is somehow related to power folding outside rearview mirrors on Mazda's. When this auto tilt-down mirror feature is disappeared from new 2nd-gen CX-9, so as the power folding mirrors! As discussed before, retrofitting the power folding mirror is not an easy task even if you can get all the proper parts from other left-hand-drive countries. In order to make auto tilt-down works, we'd need at least modify some software within power mirror control module, and make the gear shift data available to the module.

Back