Just bought my P5! Couple of quick questions.

Rockmiller

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Totally stoked about my 2002 P5 5-speed in midnight blue I just picked up this morning. I have some minor rust to tackle, but that is expected in WI. Here are my quick questions:

I know Mazda's are notorious for suspension, I want to upgrade mine, but I am not looking to make a race ride. I want performance, but not so damn rigid that it is uncomfortable to ride in. I also am not interested in lowering it. Any recommendations?

Has anyone put in an in dash touch screen with GPS? If so, any recommendations?

I am going to do some minor mods, first will be a cold air intake, any other cheap upgrades?

Lastly, where is a good place to find color match rattle cans?

Thanks in advance!

Totally stoked about my 2002 P5 5-speed in midnight blue I just picked up this morning. I have some minor rust to tackle, but that is expected in WI. Here are my quick questions:

I know Mazda's are notorious for suspension, I want to upgrade mine, but I am not looking to make a race ride. I want performance, but not so damn rigid that it is uncomfortable to ride in. I also am not interested in lowering it. Any recommendations?

Has anyone put in an in dash touch screen with GPS? If so, any recommendations?

I am going to do some minor mods, first will be a cold air intake, any other cheap upgrades?

Lastly, where is a good place to find color match rattle cans?

Thanks in advance!

Then make sure everything is in good shape and leave it be. These cars have firm suspension from the factory. The struts generally go for a long time, but sway bar links are a common failure.

I used these guys a few years ago. The paint was good, but expensive. A rattle can was about 35 bucks. The new paint may or may not be a perfect match, depending on how much the sun has faded the current paint.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/

Thanks for the reply! The dealer actually just replaced the sway bar links before putting it on the lot.

If they used oem they will crap out soon. I used moog a lot nicer and firmer. Upgrade your rear sway bar for a thicker one, I lowered mine 1.4 inches and dont regret it at all. Still clears everything.

Thanks for the info. Realized driving it today, that my first purchase will be a new set of tires

Back