SRI Install questions

Aubbie

:
2012 Mazda 2
Just ordered a CS SRI, the duct came in today, I think the SRI is coming in tomorrow. I saw a thread here with some tips which I've saved for later since I've never done anything besides installing roof racks/ arm rests on cars before. I'm primarily doing it for the MPG gains, not really sure how much HP I'll get with the auto transmission. Since the SRI has a filter on the end, does that mean I should remove the stock engine filter? Does a SRI effect reliabilty overall? Am I going to have issues in rain/snow with the SRI installed? Really excited to get started working on the car finally, got some ideas for some 3D printed bits.

Installation is simple, you take out the existing elbow and connect the SRI up to the throttle body, and install the Maf into the SRI housing. CS has good documentation if you need more details on installing. Hate to break it to you but you'll get no net power gains nor MPG increases from a SRI. You'll get increased induction noise and a slight torque loss at lower rpms and a slight HP increase at the top end. You also increase the intake air temperature by a reasonable amount.

The stock filter can stay in place, it doesn't get used. You'll see once you install the SRI.

Installation is simple, you take out the existing elbow and connect the SRI up to the throttle body, and install the Maf into the SRI housing. CS has good documentation if you need more details on installing. Hate to break it to you but you'll get no net power gains nor MPG increases from a SRI. You'll get increased induction noise and a slight torque loss at lower rpms and a slight HP increase at the top end. You also increase the intake air temperature by a reasonable amount.

The stock filter can stay in place, it doesn't get used. You'll see once you install the SRI.

Yeah, I felt really dumb since the whole process was pretty self-explanatory. I'm relatively new to working on cars, I'm glad I picked up a relatively simple car. The AT dipstick did made the installation a little more interesting though. I would assume an SRI (especially coupled with the CS duct) would increase the amount of air flowing into the system and make the car run a little leaner since I've been told the stock 2 runs rich.

So what now ?

Is a SRI "the best Thing what we can do for money" or is it a "nightmare" for HP and Torque promises ? As hli means ?

Please Input...

Best increase per $ is a tune. The intake mainly helps throttle response a bit, the tune on 92+ octane is great. Dynotronics is the one to see.

So I understand

thats a CS - SRI has no more torque an HP - and the dyno from CS are lies or ? Tzzzz... TZzzz

PS: in Europe we have ROZ 102 Aral and 100 ROZ Shell is equal in USA ? 92 MOZ or more ?

So I understand

thats a CS - SRI has no more torque an HP - and the dyno from CS are lies or ? Tzzzz... TZzzz

PS: in Europe we have ROZ 102 Aral and 100 ROZ Shell is equal in USA ? 92 MOZ or more ?

It helps with low end IMO the most.

I'm saying the tune has a REAL noticeable difference. Intakes make a small difference and increase in noise(which i like to be honest).

In the us it's rated 92 (RON+MON/2)

Best increase per $ is a tune. The intake mainly helps throttle response a bit, the tune on 92+ octane is great. Dynotronics is the one to see.

How is it physically done? Do you send them your ECU or do you upload it yourself somehow? Website isn't very clear on how it's performed.

How is it physically done? Do you send them your ECU or do you upload it yourself somehow? Website isn't very clear on how it's performed.

It is done via OBDII cable and laptop. I did my 09 Mazda3 when I had it too... Here's a video showing the process. It's exactly the same for the 2.

Ecu tuning definitely gives the most noticeable improvement. It does take a bit of time to get the software set up in the beginning, but actual tuning process (datalogging and uploading new tune files) is easy. I had my car tuned by orange virus (ovtuned.com) and the results are outstanding. Matt's comminucation was fantastic, which helped a ton in the setup process. You'll get further benefit from tuning with intake and exhaust modifications as well.

Latest posts

Back