iPhone Music app no shuffle or repeat on bluetooth FIXED with new bluetooth module

:
2014 Mazda CX-9 GT with Tech
For anyone out there having this issue I just wanted to let you know how I went about fixing it.

I have a 2014 CX-9 AWD GT. I have never really had any issues with the bluetooth. When I bought the car I used Spotify and everything just worked fine. Back when iOS 10 was announced I wanted to try out Apple Music, which utilizes the Music App(same app that you would use for local stored music as well). Well things where going fine until one day when I asked Siri to shuffle my music and i kept hearing the same songs, just different variations, playing back to back. I went into the Music app and sure enough I was not able to turn on shuffle or repeat.

I did some digging on this issue and found out that shuffle and repeat are not supported by the Mazda handsfree systems for iPhone. You can check that out here.

Then I found this thread which pointed me to this TSB. I called up the number from the mazdahandsfree site and talked to them. Told them about my bluetooth issues and about how the iPod takes forever to start up that I don't even use it because it takes to long. That is the key. If you tell them about the bluetooth issues they will disregard it because shuffle and repeat are not officially supported. BUT the new bluetooth module DOES support them. I just got it done today and now it all works as it should. You have to make sure that you tell them the iPod function doesn't work correctly and that it takes a long time to start and that it always startes from the first track.

They will then give you a work order number which you can call your dealer and they will order the new bluetooth module and put it in for free.

Hope this helps out some people who have been frustrated by not having shuffle and repeat on their iPhone with Apple Music or the stock Music app.

Hey man. I just scooped up a M6 in GT 2014.

I am having trouble be able to play Spotify while the iPhone is plugged in, using the "iPod" mode in the Mazda's audio system. It will continually play the same Kendrick Lamar song over and over on Apple Music, wish I could just plug in my phone via USB, charge and play my Spotify.

Bluetooth has been fine however, and have yet to try a direct AUX.

I know this is a different issue and vehicle, but I thought I would chime in.

We just picked up a 2014 M6 and my wife is experiencing this issue. Hoping to get this fixed soon..... otherwise my wife wants a new head unit...

Back